June 2013 Role Call

1235»

Re: June 2013 Role Call

• Megan/ Dominic
    22/23
    April 30, 2010
    April 27, 2012
    June 29, 2013
    We met at a party through mutual friends. I was super umm... happy... and tripped over him to say hi to my other friends. We ended up hanging out the entire night!
    Renaissance Hotel Downtown Columbus (Ohio)
    Purple and green... Purple is my favorite color and green is his!
    We are both huge baseball fans so we're having a baseball themed wedding!
    www.weddingwire.com/domandmegan (sorry, I'm cheating on TheKnot, but they had better backgrounds!)
    It was almost 2 years to the day of dating. We went to a Cleveland Indians game and then came back to the spot where he asked me to be his girlfriend. It just happens to be by the sweetest lake with a water fountain! We went back to his house, told all of our friends, and celebrated with champagne and Reeses!
    I am a current Masters student and part-time day care worker. He is a sales manager at a business firm.
    ~Forever and ever. Amen.~
  • Name/FI name: Krystyn and Juan

Age/FI age: 19 and 21 (he'll be 22 before the wedding)

When did you start dating:

When did you get engaged:
    August 2012

Wedding date:
    June 2nd, 2013

Interesting fact:
    Our wedding date is my gradfather's 85th birthday. We chose this on purpose as a special way to honor my grandfather, whom I've very close with and has recently been diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer.

Wedding Venue/Location:
    An outdoor ceremony/indoor reception venue near Lansing MI.

Colour(s):
    Plum, Charcoal and Ivory.

How are you personalizing your wedding?:
    We are considering including our puppy in the ceremony, but we're also giving some of Juan's homebrew beer as favors to particular guests. The bridal party will be barefoot as well, with pedicures, and I'm think of my toes will possibly be a tux. And finally, since we're having a mostly traditionally wedding (aside from my father being the officiant,) we're going to do something special with the cake to make it better fit us. Currently we're thinking Star Wars themed.

Wedding website/blog/bio:

Proposal story:

Juan originally proposed to me the first time in South Haven, MI with a ring from a quarter machine. We were on a mini-vacation with a group of his friends and we had just left the store where I was in charge of making sure that we got all the food we needed for dinner, breakfast and lunch the next day. I went to put the cart away and when I turned around, Juan was down on his knee asking me to marry him. It was very sweet, and unexpected. His friends were watching, and we were all thrilled. After that we didn't plan for a long time because my grandfather, and my rock, was diagnosed with cancer. Everything was put on hold. But in January we decided that June 2nd, my grandfather's birthday, was the right time. It's a whirlwind of planning from where I'm standing, but everything is official and we're just taking it a day at a time. <3

What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I am a full-time student with three part-time jobs. My FI is a team lead for Crossmark.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Name/FI name : Nae/Juan
    Age/FI age: 37/35
    When did you start dating: Oct '00
    When did you get engaged: NYE '12
    Wedding date: June 1, 2013
    Interesting fact: He is my younger sister's best friend
    Wedding Venue/Location: Oxon Hill Manor, Oxon Hill, MD (just outside of Washington, DC)
    Colour(s): Purple & Grey w/ splashes of Green
    How are you personalizing your wedding? So many ways i.e. ceremony details, wedding party (groomsmaid), creative use of social media and technology
    Wedding website/blog/bio: www.ichoosethesun.com
    Proposal story: He proposed just after the ball dropped. We toasted champagne and he rolled down on one knee and reached under the sofa (where he had hidden the ring) and said "I want to make sure I spend the rest of my NYEs with you, will you marry me?" I began crying and said "of course" ;-)
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I work for a government contractor as a health & human services consultant and he is a building engineer for a large apartment community
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow my Journey Down the Aisle at www.ichoosethesun.com !
  • Name/FI names: Stephanie & Chris
    Age/FI ages: 32 (33 by the time the wedding roles around) & 34
    When did you start dating: Which time?  LOL  Aug 2010
    When did you get engaged: April 28, 2012
    Wedding date: June 8, 2013
    Interesting fact: We've known each other since we were about 9 or 10yrs old and didn't know until we started dating that we had a crush on each other.
    Wedding Venue/Location: Our church (which is also where we met), Omaha, Nebraska
    Colour(s): Plum & Wisteria
    How are you personalizing your wedding: I've DIY'd a lot of the stuff: invitations, programs, favors, bouquets, corsages, boutonierres...
    Proposal story: We'd been talking about marriage for a while.  We had even looked at rings the Christmas before.  Then one day, he tells me that while we were out, he'd need to stop by his parent's house to pick up some fishing gear his dad had bought for him.  When we walked in, there was a note on the table in the foyer from his mother.  It said that they had to run an errand but that they would be back soon.  He said we'd have to wait for them because he didn't know where his dad put the gear.  He then suggested, "Let's sit in here so we can see them pull up." We walked into the formal sitting room - which is reserved for Christmas and well, that's about it.  LOL However, it is in the front of the house and has a nice big bay window.  We sat down on the couch - that used to belong to his grandmother.  He excused himself, saying he need to use the restroom. When he came back a few minutes later, he sat down next to me and I continued to look out the window.  Then he said, "Oh, there's something I've got to ask you..." When I turned to look at him, he was down on one knee with the ring box open.  I started bawling and hugged his neck like I was never going to let go.  He called his parents to let them know they could come back to the house...they'd been driving around the neighborhood, waiting to come back!  What makes this proposal that much sweeter is that his father proposed to his mother on that same couch.
  • Name/FI name Trisha and Devon Age/FI age I'm 20 he is 19 When did you start dating June 2009 When did you get engaged April 2011 Wedding date June 1st 2013 Interesting fact we are getting married the month we got together 4 years ago. Wedding Venue/Location integrity church in burlington nc Colours red and white How are you personalizing your wedding? Kinda of doing a twilight theme Wedding website/blog/bio Proposal story He proposed to me in front of my family in the living room, he was so nervous it was so cute, I will never forget when he got on one knee I asked "is there something in my teeth?" He smiled and shook his head no and than asked me "Trisha will you marry me?" Of course I was crying and said yes! What do you and FI do for a living I'm in training to be a web designer and he is a factory worker :
  • Cupcake0629Cupcake0629 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Name/FI name: Lauren/Bill
    Age/FI age: 25/30
    When did you start dating: March 2010
    When did you get engaged: May 2012
    Wedding date: June 22, 2013
    Interesting fact: 22 Seems to be our lucky number.  We started dating on March 22, he proposed on May 22, and we are getting married on June 22.  None of that was planed!
    Wedding Venue/Location: St. Demetrios Community Center Warren, Ohio 
    Colour(s): Claret red and sliver
    How are you personalizing your wedding?: We are making the favors and programs by hand.
    Wedding website/blog/bio: No webiste 
    Proposal story: We had both just graduated from grad school (that's how we met) and he came over with a gift for me.  It was a big box so I didn't think anything of it.  In the card he wrote a gorgeous love note and when I started to unwrap the gift I saw that the top of the box said Tacori.  I realized that it was a jewelry box and when I opened it, the ring was sitting inside.  He got down on both knees because he was so nervous and proposed!
    What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I work in marketing and he is an industrial engineer.  
  • edited May 2013
    Name/FI name: Jess & Rob

Age/FI age 29/29

When did you start dating June 23 2009

When did you get engaged June 23 2010

Wedding date June 22 2013 (30 days!!!!!)

Interesting fact: I totally knew what he was up to

Wedding Venue/Location: Our home

Colour(s): Teal, yellow, grey

How are you personalizing your wedding?: Lots of DIY and fun things, and lawn games! And my dress is one of a kind, I took a gown and made it into a short pinup style dress and added teal accents to it. (so excited)

Wedding website/blog/bio....

Proposal story: It was our year anniversary and he surprised me with a limo and a private wine tasting at one of our favorite CT wineries. After the cheese plate and wine he got down on one knee and proposed. It was a blur but if course I said yes!

What do you and FI do for a living (optional): I'm a graphic designer and he restores cars
  • edited May 2013
    Name/FI name: Morgan and Warren
    Age/FI age: 27/36
    When did you start dating: June 2009
    When did you get engaged: July 2012
    Wedding date: June 14 2013
    Interesting fact: We both ride Suzuki GSX-Rs and the date we are getting married is the same day we hooked up. :)
    Wedding Venue/Location: Abernethy Center/Oregon City, Oregon
    Colour(s): Purple and Blue
    How are you personalizing your wedding?: The groomsmen and officiant are riding in on motorcycles.
    What do you and FI do for a living: I work in IT healthcare and my FI is a banker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards