Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Advice re: proposal

My fiance and I got engaged about three weeks ago, and I'm so happy! The proposal was super sweet, but there's one thing that's really been bothering me. A few months ago when we were talking about getting engaged, the one thing I told him that I specifically wanted was pictures of the proposal. (I also told my best friend to hint to him that he should arrange for pictures.) I didn't care about any of the other details, but I really wanted a picture of the actual moment he proposed. He's a video engineer, and since he proposed in our backyard, he could easily have set up a camera to capture the moment. Unfortunately, he didn't get pictures. I've been trying to let it go, but I'm really disappointed. My question is - should I talk to him about it? I haven't said a word about it so far because I didn't want to spoil the excitement of everything, but I just can't seem to get past it. I know that talking to him won't change the situation because we can't get that moment back, but I feel like it would help me to stop stewing if I could know his reasoning. I don't want to make him feel bad, but I am frustrated and disappointed, and I'm not sure how to move on. Thoughts?

Re: Advice re: proposal

• Options
    You can ask, sure, but be prepared to deal with some hurt feelings on his end. Personally, my belief is that a proposal is a private moment between two people. No offense to people who pop the question in public or have friends take pics, but it's just not for me. I haven't even given specifics on how he asked, our families just know where. You've said yourself that you can't get that moment back, so my advice is to let it go. Vent to a friend, the dog, whoever if you need to get it off your chest.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I wouldn't. You are going to make him feel like he "did it wrong," and what do you really hope to accomplish by bringing it up?  Do you want him feeling like he failed you?

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Yeah, you guys are totally right. Nothing good would come of saying something to him. Thanks : )
  • Options
    You're welcome. Enjoy your engagement! :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards