Illinois-Chicago

Holiday Inn Mart Plaza

Good Afternoon Ladies,

I am in the early stages of planning for my wedding in 2014 and am looking for affordable suggestions for a ceremony and reception site downtown (Chicago). I would really like a venue that has both so my guest won't have to travel and deal with traffic and parking issues. I have looked at the Spirit of Chicago and Zed 451. Has anyone had a wedding at Holiday Inn Mart Plaza or been to a wedding there (or have pictures), from the boards it seems to be an affordable and realistic option..Any thoughts or advice about the Holiday Inn?

Re: Holiday Inn Mart Plaza

• Khinds1Khinds1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment

I looked in to this as a location for our reception and they have a (I beleive it was) $19,000 minimum for Saturday. Not sure what your budget is, but $19,000 before tax/service charge was too much for us. We ended up having our reception at the Embassy Suites Chicago Lakefront. The one on Illinois near the AMC theatre. Not the one on Sate St. Their minimum is $12,000, but with tax/service fees it was about $16,000 for the reception.

Let me know if you want any more information about this location or any other vendors we used.

• Thanks for the reply! I will definitely look into Embassy as well!
  • Khinds1Khinds1 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    No problem, after you check it out, if you like it and want more specific details you can email me at Allergic2@aol.com

We were concerned about parking/travel too and it all seemed to work out. We did have a shuttle to bring our guests between the hotel and church and back to the hotel.

Also, good luck with Holiday Inn, it looked really nice!
  • We got married at Spiaggia on Michigan Avenue.  Loved it much more than when we looked at the Mart Plaza.
    Biorama
    September 2012 August Siggy Challenge ~ Wedding Preview
    185 image 116 image 69 image 0 image RSVP Date: August 10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards