California-Bay Area
Options

Airbrush Tanning

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about getting an airbrush tan out here to see if I want to get it done before my wedding, which is in Boston in October.

I'm VERY fair - I don't necessarily want a tan, but I just want to be less pale!

I did a search of this board and found a few recommendations: Australian Tanning Company, Willow Glen Tanning and Brown Sugar in SF. Has anyone used these or have other recommendations?

Also does anyone know how long it typically lasts? I'll probably be in Boston a week before my wedding and would ideally like to get it done here in California if I find a good place and then travel to Boston.

Thank you!

Re: Airbrush Tanning

• Options
    I use Samba Glow is Palo Alto.  I am super fair, but the owner knows what she is doing because I always get compliments on how tan I look.  

They usually recommend doing in 2-3 days prior to the event.  I find my spray tan is at its best for about a week, then it starts to get spotty.  But I also don't exfoliate before the tan, so that may make a difference.  

Hope that helps! 
  • Options
    octnitesoctnites member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the advice! Does she spray it on you herself or is it one of the tanning booths? I'm a bit nervous about doing it myself (I've done it before and had some issues with blotchiness and stuff!) that's why I was thinking of more of an airbrush tan

**EDIT: Nevermind, I just looked up the place and saw that it's the kind where they spray it on you! I just booked an appointment for next week - Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Options
    I just wanna say thank you again for the recommendation. I just had my airbrush tan today at Samba and loved it - I got the lightest color option and it is absolutely perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards