Favors

Edible flavors?

FI and I live in NC and are getting married in NC, but I am from MD and want to tie that into the wedding somehow. We have two ideas for favors and I was hoping to get some feedback.

Option one would be a mason jar filled with Old Bay with some kind of little note attached. I know our guests from MD would love it, and definitely use it, but not sure if guests from NC would.

Option two is bags of Crab Chips. My worry with this is that I can't think of any way to make it look cute, and I don't know if its lame to give out a bag of chips.

Any opinions are appreciated!

Re: Edible flavors?

• I'd do the Old Bay. I think guests who like to cook would take it to experiment with even if it isn't familiar. I'd include a tag with ingredients and suggested uses. I would really like this favor!

I had to google crab chips, and though I now see that this isn't the case, my initial thought was that they are supposed to actually taste like crab. If you do go this way, I'd find a way to make sure your guests know that they don't contain crab.
  • I'd do the Old Bay. I think guests who like to cook would take it to experiment with even if it isn't familiar. I'd include a tag with ingredients and suggested uses. I would really like this favor! I had to google crab chips, and though I now see that this isn't the case, my initial thought was that they are supposed to actually taste like crab. If you do go this way, I'd find a way to make sure your guests know that they don't contain crab.
    Thanks for that! I've grown up eating them, and didn't really think about people not knowing what crab chips actually are. This is very helpful!
  • Do you have many guests flying in? If I was flying in I would probably leave the jar of Old Bay just based on having to get it home. I would however grab a bag of crab chips (I had to look them up to see what they were too) since it would be easy to take home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards