Catholic Weddings

New Missalettes in church yesterday

So yesterday was the Feast of the Holy Trinity, and we got new Missalettes. They go through Nov. 30 (after which Advent starts). I nudged FI and pointed out that the next time we get new Missalettes will be AFTWR WE'RE MARRIED!!

I was just excited, I had to share.
Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'

Re: New Missalettes in church yesterday

• Yay!  Our missalettes go through july or august.  

FI and I were at mass yesterday, and it hit us, "this is the last time we'll be at mass here together before our wedding!"  Yay!  

SaveSave
  • edited May 2013
    Aww, yay for you, @monkeysip! It's so exciting! Our Missalettes are bi-lingual, so they don't go as long as English-only ones. We got a new set for Lent, then another new set for Easter. When you have to print the entirety of Holy Week twice, it takes up a lot of space!

ETA: fixed a mobile-induced spelling error.
    Anniversary

• Ahh, that makes sense!

SaveSave
  • OK, now that I'm not on mobile, I can see your ticker -- five days to go for you! Hope it's fabulous! I'll say a special prayer for you!
    Anniversary

• Eeeee! So excited for you, @monkeysip!!!

I've seen missalettes that cover periods of time from a month or so to a full liturgical year (are they missals at that point? even if they are "disposable"?). So much seems to just depend on the publisher and what the parish purchases (and then, what the parishioners get used to).

That said, I love all the little markers leading up to a big event. This is the last _________ before ______! Or the next time we _______, we'll be __________! So much fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I always loved those moments, too.  I actually had a hard time focusing on Mass in the weeks leading up to the wedding, because all I could think was "this is where I'll be getting married in ____ weeks!" I had to remind myself to focus on Mass, and not let my mind wander.

• awww... cute!

SaveSave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards