Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Solera?

Anyone been to a wedding at Solera?  What did you think?

Re: Solera?

• I'm having mine there in May. I've been happy with how it's all coming together and the coordinator there, Libby, is really easy to work with. We both really like the space and all the pieces that are included in the price was a good deal in our opinion. I can give you my take after the actual wedding. And let me know if you have other questions, I'm happy to answer them.
  • That would be great!  Thanks!  We're looking at May or June of next year

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_solera?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:eb9fbc10-4c89-44bb-b71b-0957686be99ePost:ebd8b218-95d4-40c3-aa56-de0b4648f1ca">Re: Solera?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm having mine there in May. I've been happy with how it's all coming together and the coordinator there, Libby, is really easy to work with. We both really like the space and all the pieces that are included in the price was a good deal in our opinion. I can give you my take after the actual wedding. And let me know if you have other questions, I'm happy to answer them.
    Posted by caitydid81[/QUOTE]

<div>Out of curiousity, what colors are you doing?  Also are you doing the ceremony there?</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_solera?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:eb9fbc10-4c89-44bb-b71b-0957686be99ePost:acbc69b4-a777-4af1-bc62-53b2b80c9ec6">Re: Solera?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Solera? : Out of curiousity, what colors are you doing?  Also are you doing the ceremony there?
    Posted by katebrandon14[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I'll definitely give you more information after our wedding. Our main colors are red, yellow, and orange. We are doing the ceremony there, too. If weather is dry we'll be having it on the roof. We have the Barcelona Room for the cocktail hour ad reception.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_solera?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:eb9fbc10-4c89-44bb-b71b-0957686be99ePost:a6f48db2-8e41-4075-94e2-5d49947a853d">Re: Solera?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Solera? : I'll definitely give you more information after our wedding. Our main colors are red, yellow, and orange. We are doing the ceremony there, too. If weather is dry we'll be having it on the roof. We have the Barcelona Room for the cocktail hour ad reception.

<div>We are thinking of doing the ceremony on the roof too.  I can't remember which room is which but we're thinking the smaller room and terrace for cocktails and the larger room for dinner/dance.  We are going to dinner tonight to try the food....if all goes well I think this is our venue too!</div><div>
    </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_solera?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:eb9fbc10-4c89-44bb-b71b-0957686be99ePost:a0a97801-72d9-4700-9b80-cd9b3e3d72f5">Re: Solera?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Solera? : We are thinking of doing the ceremony on the roof too.  I can't remember which room is which but we're thinking the smaller room and terrace for cocktails and the larger room for dinner/dance.  We are going to dinner tonight to try the food....if all goes well I think this is our venue too!
    Posted by katebrandon14[/QUOTE]

<div>I hope your tasting goes well! And the room you're looking into is the one we have--the 2nd floor. They have been really easy to work with, too.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_solera?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:81Discussion:eb9fbc10-4c89-44bb-b71b-0957686be99ePost:dfac3d17-041d-43e5-a72f-b47757c75e5c">Re: Solera?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Solera? : I hope your tasting goes well! And the room you're looking into is the one we have--the 2nd floor. They have been really easy to work with, too.

<div>we are actually renting both floors and the roof.  Libby is really great!</div>
  • Caitydid....how was your wedding at Solera? We've tentatively booked both rooms for June 2014, so I am really curious to hear how things went! Seems like the red/orange/yellow scheme is a must, and helps with decision-making too. :)
  • we are June 2014 also!
  • Jules226...Our wedding was wonderful! We loved the rooftop for the ceremony. Much more intimate than I had originally envisioned, but I loved that. Some of the pictures our family and friends took looked great with the skyline in the background. The second floor was great for our reception and the outdoor terrace was a nice way for guests to escape the music and get some fresh air. And I can't say enough about how easy Libby was to work with and how helpful she was the day of. We had 85 guests and both spaces were perfect for that.
  • How much did you budget to have your wedding there? I just googled pictures, looks beautiful'
  • We were quoted $4K for food and beverage minimum with an extra $1000 for the rooftop ceremony. I don't remember what their room rental fee was, but we found this pricing to be much more reasonable than a lot of other places. Plus, we were pretty much sold on Solera for at least the reception before we even started speaking with their coordinator. We booked in Feb 2012, so their pricing may have changed.
  • We just made our reservation earlier this month, so I imagine the rates I have are pretty up-to-date. The smaller room (Barcelona) is $300 to rent + $4k food/bev min before tax/tip. The larger room (Catalonia, one floor up) is $500 to rent +$6.5k food/bev min. We are renting both so we just add all the figures together. I think the food/bev min to rent the rooftop for the whole night was $8k -- just $1k for ceremony only, but ceremony setup anywhere else in the space was included. It really seems like a lot is included here! I am pretty excited.
  • Jules226...Our wedding was wonderful! We loved the rooftop for the ceremony. Much more intimate than I had originally envisioned, but I loved that. Some of the pictures our family and friends took looked great with the skyline in the background. The second floor was great for our reception and the outdoor terrace was a nice way for guests to escape the music and get some fresh air. And I can't say enough about how easy Libby was to work with and how helpful she was the day of. We had 85 guests and both spaces were perfect for that.
    Thanks for following up, and congratulations :) We don't have the rooftop rented out, but I will be sure to get up there for photos beforehand at least!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards