Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

October 2013 Wedding - Dress Alterations and Timeline

Hi all!! :) My wedding is quickly approaching and it's time I think about alterations - ahh!!

I purchased a dress about 3 months ago and love it. It was a tiny bit lose in the stomach area and just needed general alterations. Since then, I've been running 10ish miles a week and eating healthy. I've gone from 135 pounds down to 123. I don't plan to lose more than 1 or 2 more pounds, and if anything just want to gain some muscle. So, I expect there will be more changes needed to be made to the dress than originally planned. I'm too afraid to try the dress on to see if it is super big on me now....

What kind of timeline should I plan for alterations? My wedding is the second week of October and I was originally thinking of taking it somewhere around the second week of June. Is this plenty of time? Should I wait a little bit more or do it sooner?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go?

Thank you so much for the help!!

Re: October 2013 Wedding - Dress Alterations and Timeline

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Thanks so much for the info!

Thank you. I need to learn how to do the toning of arms and such :( That's something that is new to me, but I'd love to learn the right ways to use weights etc. Getting sick does make working out impossible :(
  • Options
    I am getting my dress altered at the same place I purchased it.  When my dress came in the woman told me that I didn't need to come in until August for my first dress fitting.  It might depend on where you are getting your altered though. I'd call there and check with them.
  • Options
    For alterations, and I work in a bridal store, you need about 4-6 weeks depending on where you go. That is the time line that we give our girls. You don't want to do it too early, especially if you are losing weight. You don't want to get it done now, try your dress on the week of the wedding, and it still be too big, or too small. Wait a little longer. I got married in October last year and did my alts late August and picked my dress up the week of the wedding and it was freshly steamed and pressed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards