Chit Chat

Who is in charge for making the wedding day run smoothly?

I rented out a vacation house on a lake, so I'm planning the entire wedding. So the day of the wedding, since I'm supposed to be relaxed and getting ready with my bridesmaids, who will be in charge of the decorations, setting up chairs, and etc ?

Re: Who is in charge for making the wedding day run smoothly?

• kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    Is there no option to set up chairs/decor the day before?  That is what I am doing. 

• As I said in your other post, if you don't hire someone to do it, it is your responsibility.
  • krizzo17krizzo17 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited May 2013
    You or your fi. However, for both of your peace of mind, I'd suggest you do it together the night before, if that's an option.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You or your hire someone who isn't family or friends. Take it from someone who has been there, it is NOT fun. 
  • My mom went into superwoman mode day of and basically took care of EVERYTHING once we got to the church, but yeah, we were planning on doing it ourselves before she became hurricane mom (and we only had a couple of things to set up anyway). If we had had more, we already would have hired a DOC. Really not fair to shove work off on people because you're cheap/don't want to do it yourself. 
    photo a826c490-726a-4824-af5c-d938878de228_zpseb85bb5a.jpg
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    your wedding planner, or you and FI
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Definitely hire a day of coordinator. They will do set up, help with break down, and basically smooth over EVERYTHING for that day so you don't have to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards