Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Help me choose cupcake flavors!

Hi everyone!  So, in an interesting turn of events, we're now having mini cupcakes for the wedding!  We'll have enough for at least 2 per guest and can choose up to 6 flavors.  Problem is, what do I choose?  They have SO many.  I think there are well over 4 times more options than what I'm going to list.  The ones I'm putting on here are the ones I'm remotely interested in.  I bolded the ones that I thought the guests might really enjoy or ones that really interest me. I know that we should have a mix of standard and fun flavors, so I'd love to get your thoughts! 

-Banana Peanut Butter

-Black Forrest

-Blueberry Lemon

-Caramel Apple

-Carrot

-Chocolate Caramel

-Chocolate Cookies and Cream

-Chocolate Hearts Vanilla

-Chocolate Peanut Butter

-Chocolate Raspberry

-Chocolate Strawberry

-Chocolate Squared

-Cookies and Cream

-French Toast

-Lemon Raspberry

-Malted Milk

-Mexican Hot Chocolate

-Pumpkin

-Red velvet

-Rocky Road

-Strawberry

-Turtle

-Vanilla Squared

ETA: We're not going to be able to sample any.  We have to meet with the bakers and make our selections on Saturday.  FI and I are on the Atkins diet and won't be able to try any, which makes us very sad.  We'll be done before the wedding though!  I've heard nothing but good things about this company, and we figure we can tell by looking at the cupcakes what looks more appealing!  YUM.

Re: Help me choose cupcake flavors!

• The following is what is drawing my eye and taste buds...

Chocolate peanut butter

Red velvet

French toast

Chocolate caramel

But I definitely think you should take a taste tester with you on Saturday.  I know that you have heard great reviews and such but it is still a good idea to taste the items before buying them because you just never know.

Not sure how many flavors you were going to have but a standard white cake with white icing is a great add in for those that don't like "crazy" flavors.

• Here are the ones I would like (and I think would provide a good variety):
    Chocolate Caramel
    Chocolate PB
    Lemon Raspberry
    Vanilla
    Red Velvet
    Carrot Cake

And I agree with Maggie that I would take a tester.  I have found that I prefer fancy flavors at gourmet cupcake shops and get disappointed by the more standard flavors (I just don't find them to be that great given the hype/cost/calories).  I don't know how to tell where you are located with this new format, but if you're in DC, I would volunteer as your taste tester :)
  • allispainallispain member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2013
    I'm almost on par with jessica:

Chocolate PB
    Lemon Raspberry
    Red Velvet
    Carrot
    Chocolate Squared (for the chocoholics)
    And one totally crazy flavor (I would personally pick Pumpkin)

I think a variety like this gives options for those who like chocolate, those who like fruity, those who like traditional flavors, etc.

ETA: Forgot to add - if these are mini cupcakes, yeah... there's a solid chance that I would try one of each... and I'm sure I'm not the only one...
  • I agree with the others about ordering more then just one mini cupcake per person (missed the mini statement earlier).  Depending on how many flavors you choose you should almost do 1 per person per flavor.  I know if they were mini cupcakes I would want to try every flavor as well.

• I agree with taking a taste tester or just allowing yourself a taste. It won't kill your diet. The ones that I would go with are:
    -Chocolate Squared
    -Vanilla Squared
    -Red Velvet
    -Rocky Road
    -Lemon Raspberry
    -Chocolate Strawberry
  • kryan32kryan32 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper

I would limit to four flavors because pp are right - people are going to want to sample all the flavors.

My choices would be vanilla squared, chocolate caramel, lemon raspberry, and pumpkin or carrot - something for everyone...

Take care,

Kim

• as a cupcake baker you need to sample the cupcakes before deciding on what you want. you may choose the flavors based on what they look like but do they taste good.. and if they are really mini minies and not the in between minies ( the ones that are biger than a mini and smaller than a standered cupcake) people will want more than 2
  • Thanks everyone!
  • Weezy56Weezy56 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    This is making me hungry. Off to go get some leftover birthday cake from this weekend. Yes at 8:30 in the morning and I'm not sorry for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards