Getting in Shape
Options

Hello!

Hi Everyone!  I’m new to this board so I apologize if my introduction is in the wrong spot.  I clicked on the link in the FAQ post, but it took me back to the main page.

My wedding is 340 days away – we are having a destination wedding in our favorite place – LAS VEGAS!  Both my FI and I would like to get in better shape and begin a healthier lifestyle before we say ‘I do’.  I really like the idea of this board and the accountability.  

For motivation we signed up for the half marathon in Vegas in November and I got a Jawbone UP – you wear it on your wrist and it tracks steps, mileage, pace, sleep, etc.  I’ve been using MyFitnessPal.

I’m always looking for new ideas and new challenges to help keep me going!  I look forward to signing up for the June challenge.  (hopefully it’s up by tomorrow we leave for a wedding in SC on Thursday)

I did have one question the accountability days, is there a new discussion each week or how does that work?  I would probably fall in the Friday one since that is our ‘weigh in’ day. 

Thanks and I look forward to our Getting in Shape journey! 

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 

Re: Hello!

• Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Hi and welcome! You're in the right place!

Our accountability threads are daily. Usually @xcalygrl starts them. Feel free to check in as much or as little as you'd like. We don't bite. 

Other than training for a half what else are your goals? I love that you're focused on health as opposed to just dropping tons of weight. Also, do you have pets? If so so you should post lots of pictures!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Welcome! It sounds like you've got the right mindset and you've already set yourself up with some wonderful tools. Looking forward to hearing more from you in our accountability threads!

Also, I've updated the challenge spreadsheet to add June - so go ahead and add your goals!

Link to Spreadsheet
  • Options
    Thanks for the welcome!

No pets for us, but I am a huge dog lover!  We are waiting until we buy a house before we get one, it's just too hard in an apartment.  If others have pets I would love to see pics!

As far as other goals, I try to get 8 hours of sleep every night and 15,000 steps a day!  On days I work out the steps are easy, its the days I don't that are hard!  I have been walking at work during lunch and on breaks, but I live in AZ and it's starting to creep into the 100's so I'll need some other ideas to keep me moving at work!
    We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • Options
    Welcome! Oh man, I've been to AZ once in the summer. It gets hot! I love that 8 hrs of sleep is a goal for you - I'm attempting to do that too. I'm not sure why sleeping more is so difficult!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards