Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

How to incorporate sisters in the wedding

I have 2 sisters and my fiancé has 4 sisters. We would like them all to be a part of the wedding but not sure what role. I have 4 best friends that have been with me thru a lot, and want them as MOH and bridesmaids. If I include my 4 best friends, my 2 sisters and my fiancé's 4 sisters, our bridal party will be huge! Any advice on how to incorporate our sisters to make sure they feel important also?

Re: How to incorporate sisters in the wedding

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    There isn't any limit on how many attendants you have in your wedding party; nor do sides have to be even.

If you want to "incorporate" all your sisters, go ahead and ask them to be bridesmaids or readers.  But don't try to give them "jobs" like circulating the guest book, handing out programs, or other such things to make them feel "included."
  • Options
    Bridesmaid, groomswoman, and reader are your only options.  If one of them plays a musical instrument or sings, they could also perform during the ceremony.
  • Options
    Can your FI have his sisters as part of his side of the bridal party? He could still add in a couple friends as well, unless he also has a ton of brothers.

I'm having four good friends be my BMs. My sister is doing a reading FI chose. His two sisters are doing a reading together of a poem I chose. It's kind of our way of bringing everyone together somehow.
  • Options

Try a special gift. It could be the same or different from what you would be giving to your BMs. Not sure what they would like? Give them a small bouquet or corsage that is a neutral color (so that it doesn’t clash with their dresses). That might make them feel special and standout at the wedding. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

• Options
    I have 10 bridesmaids so it's not uncommon to have that many, but having a big wedding party isn't for everyone. What about inviting them to the bridesmaid luncheon & giving a special gift to each of them & tell them all publicly how special they are, how lucky you are to have them as sisters/sisters-in-law, etc.? They will certainly feel the love without being given a "job" on the day of the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards