Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank you card timing

How long after the shower should they be sent?

Re: Thank you card timing

• Immediately. I, personally, roll my eyes when it takes longer than a month to get a thank you card. If I've taken time to pick a gift and attend the shower, it shouldn't take long to write and send a thank you card. 
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    ASAP.  Delays make you seem unappreciative of the time and trouble everyone at the shower took to get you a gift.  Same with the wedding.
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Why on Earth would you wait? This seems like a common sense answer...
  • Immediately.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Immediately.  And btw, do NOT allow anyone to ask guests to address their own thank you cards envelopes.
    People do this!? Wow...
  • Right away/as soon as possible. I haven't had my shower yet but they'll all be sent out within a week. For the wedding, we leave almost immediately for the honeymoon, but those should all be sent out within two weeks of us returning.
  • Immediately, as PP said.  unless it was a GIANT shower I would, personally, judge anything later than two weeks after.  It seriously takes like two minutes to write a thank you note; for a typical 30 person shower that's an hour of writing.  Add on addressing the envelopes and adding stamps it should still be able to be done in one evening.
  • I took all my thank you notes to work and did them during my lunch break. It took me 2 days to do all of my shower thank yous (about 20), and 3 to do all of my wedding thank yous (about 50)
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ok thanks! I'm almost done mine (I had 60) and my shower was 1.5 weeks ago.
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    Get them out.  They absolutely need to be sent within 2 weeks.  60 should have taken you maybe 3 days.

And whatever you do, don't be that girl who takes months to properly thank people for wedding gifts.  Yes, it's daunting, but you should be able to get them done within a couple weeks of the wedding (or your return from the honeymoon if you are immediately going on a honeymoon).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 1 1/2 week after shower & you're almost done, I think you're fine. I got mine done within two days after the shower, but that was because I was dog sitting and it helped to occupy my evenings since I wasn't at my own home.

For wedding, I think if you start on them once you're back from your honeymoon and do say at least 10 a day (or more depending on how many you have to do) you'll have them done quickly & in an acceptable amount of time.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards