Chit Chat

Good Evening!

Good evening, all! How was your day? I am bummed b/c I wasn't able to find the frozen Reams noodles I like to make beef and noodles, so dinner was a disappointment. I did, however, discover that Chobani Key Lime Crumble Greek yogurt ACTUALLY tastes like key lie pie, so I am pretty excited about that since I'm trying to lose some weight.
What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: Good Evening!

• I am still at work for another 16 minutues. Its been a hell of a day between the noisings over here and work. We are down one representative on the phones, so call volume is higher per person. Its just been a no good very bad day and I want to go home and eat my breadsticks and drink my amaretto sour and watch more House on DVD.
    Anniversary
  • I'm going to be a big ol' Debbie Downer and admit that my day stunk. First the accident and then I get a letter from the state of MO stating that I owe them $1K when I didn't even make $1K in the state of MO last year (I only started work December 15...). They're demanding to receive money for work I did in WI when my permanent address was in WI. And they provide a hotline which no one ever answers, so I don't even get to discuss this with anyone. The hotline only ever says that the representative are assisting other callers and I can pay my bill online. Um, what.

But your mention of Chobani Key Lime yogurt makes it sound like my tomorrow could be pretty okay, since I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow...
  • Gypsy79Gypsy79 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Good evening! My dad wasn't half bad. I still have wedding stuff all over the place that I need to take care of though.
    Cleaning up unicorn messes!
  • Meh today was okay. The semester at the school I tutor at officially ended on Friday but I'm still getting emails from students asking homework questions. No. Its over. I also thought that since I've been busy with work and school and university orientation junk that I should actually cook a nice dinner tonight. So I'm cooking turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I now realize that I don't have any milk for the potatoes. Sigh.

• staar987 said:
    Meh today was okay. The semester at the school I tutor at officially ended on Friday but I'm still getting emails from students asking homework questions. No. Its over. I also thought that since I've been busy with work and school and university orientation junk that I should actually cook a nice dinner tonight. So I'm cooking turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I now realize that I don't have any milk for the potatoes. Sigh.
    can i come over for dinner?!?!?
    Anniversary
  • @smalfrie19 Sure thing! Just bring milk.

• I have milk!!!

Anniversary
  • Then I have plenty of food to share.

• TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    My day was okay. I've got some major sinus shenanigans going on that I'm trying to combat before our honeymoon next week. I'll be leaving Saturday for Jamaica, baby!
  • Today wasn't too bad. I only had to go 1 kid for home instruction after school so I got home at 5 instead of 7.  That's a plus.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Busy day for me. Seems like there aren't enough hours to get everything done. On top of that I was officially notified that we'll be getting furloughed for 11 days. There goes some of my wedding fundage. At least FI wanted to go to dinner, no cooking for me!
  • Oh no Courtania! I hope that your sinus problems go away before you leave.

• I ha a not bad day.  My kids are all doing final year end project work, so it's been pretty easy going this week.  We had a volunteer thank you this morning, so there were extra cupcakes in the staff room.  And I put another coat of varnish on the drum I'm building in the shop.  It's almost done I think.  I will AW it when it's finished

• @Courtanialynn I went to Jamaica for my honeymoon!  We stayed at Couples Negril.  Our 10 day honeymoon turned into 16 days because of Sandy.  I miss Jamaica.  Do you have room in your suitcase for me???
    photo a30c432e-0cf0-41d0-b1f3-bf4836bea2fc_zps89190598.jpg
  • TKzillaTKzilla member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    @Courtanialynn I went to Jamaica for my honeymoon!  We stayed at Couples Negril.  Our 10 day honeymoon turned into 16 days because of Sandy.  I miss Jamaica.  Do you have room in your suitcase for me???
    Oh no, I hope the extra six days were at least enjoyable (and not like... sleeping in the airport kind of stuff)

We're staying at Secrets Wild Orchid for a week. I'm so excited! I could probably fit you in the suitcase on the way there but hopefully it'll be full of rum on the way home!
  • @Courtanialynn I went to Jamaica for my honeymoon!  We stayed at Couples Negril.  Our 10 day honeymoon turned into 16 days because of Sandy.  I miss Jamaica.  Do you have room in your suitcase for me???
    Oh no, I hope the extra six days were at least enjoyable (and not like... sleeping in the airport kind of stuff)

We're staying at Secrets Wild Orchid for a week. I'm so excited! I could probably fit you in the suitcase on the way there but hopefully it'll be full of rum on the way home!
    We never left the resort and didn't even have to switch rooms.  They were very accommodating.  

NO worries about the plane ride back - I have a voucher for a flight from Caribbean Airlines since we chose not to stay any longer in Jamaica and just booked a flight to Orlando and drove back up to NJ.
  • I would love to go to Jamaica. Hope you have an awesome trip! Staar, I still have this week and next week with my tutoring kid. He has to take exams with me, so I need to download a book or that is going to be really boring!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Jamaica sounds dreamy! Have fun on your sex vacation Court! Today was good, but I didn't get much done. Haven't talked about it much here yet, but DH and I close on our first house next Thursday... We really need to get packing!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • AddieL73 said:
    I would love to go to Jamaica. Hope you have an awesome trip! Staar, I still have this week and next week with my tutoring kid. He has to take exams with me, so I need to download a book or that is going to be really boring!
    Yeah download a couple of books! Can you use a computer during that time? I had to sit in on a class every Tuesday and Thursday and listen to the lectures to be with the students plus sit in a tutoring center for them, the students from the classes I was the tutor for online, and any random questions. I got a ton of reading done. It is sad that most of them didn't come see me or email me after their tests. I'm so unfulfilled. I want to know how they did!

• rel1988rel1988 member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    @Iryshcreem we are going to Couples Negril for our honeymoon. Did you like it?? We had a hard time picking between Negril and Swept Away.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @rel1988 We LOVED it!  Best food I've ever had at an all inclusive.  Make sure you make a reservation at Otaheite - I don't think you can make it earlier than 2 days before.  Make sure H brings a shirt with a collar or they won't let him in and he has to have pants on I think.  The buffet has an awesome breakfast.  They make great omelets and they have a different fruit syrup everyday.  The grill has basics at lunch and then turns into Heliconia at night.  The menus are diverse and there was always something for me to eat everywhere we went - I'm a vegetarian.

Watch out at the swim up bar when Franklin starts making Bob Marley shots.  Don't do more than one.  I saw one guy puke in his drink and then another big guy falling all over the place and then being carried back to his room at 1 in the afternoon.  DH loved the dirty banana frozen drinks.  I don't like bananas so I never tried one.  I really liked the grasshopper drink but I stuck mostly to beer.

You can always find a seat in the shade on the beach and don't have to sit near anyone if you don't want to.  There's always tons of chairs by the pool too but its a little harder to get one in the shade if you go back to the pool in the afternoon.  

The water activities that are included are just right.  You have to sign up the day before you want to do it.  For snorkeling, they take you about 10 minutes out and you are only in the water for about half an hour.  The catamaran is a lot of fun and it takes you out to the cliffs.  We didn't do the glass bottom boat because its the same boat that takes you out snorkeling.  

The night time activities and themes change every night.  There's nothing crazy.  Its pretty laid back.  By 10pm, I was ready for bed most nights.  

I don't recommend going to the craft market across the street.  Its really intense and if you aren't good at saying no and walking away, it can be stressful.  They have a bus that takes you to a shopping center like 10 minutes away.  If you want to buy things, I would suggest that.  They also have some vendors on the beach some of the days.

We left the resort to take a 3 hour trip up into the mountains to 9 Miles where Bob Marley was from.  That was really awesome.  We also left and went to Margaritaville to watch Sunday football.

If you have any questions, let me know.  I'd be happy to answer them.  I could talk about the place all day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards