Rhode Island

Photography

I am sure this question gets asked all the time, and I have read a lot of posts already about it, but I figure everyone is a little different so I will try again!

I am looking for recommendations as well as any guess at a price for what I should be paying for this. I am looking for the bells and whistles for our photography, but also wanted the cost to be reasonable, which seems to be hard!

I want engagement photos, a boudoir session, at least 6-8 hours of wedding coverage (before ceremony, ceremony, reception). I prefer two photographers (or one main photographer and an assistant). I like the idea of some prints or an album included, but could do without. Owning the photos myself on a CD or some other way is a must. I recently spoke to a photographer who would not allow us to own any high-res images (other than as prints), which I didn't like.

If anyone has any recommendations or even input on what this will probably cost be, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Photography

• I know everyone has different budgets but photography was really important to us. We had a budget of $3500 for
    2 Photographers
    1 Assistant
    Full day unlimited coverage
    Engagement session with full rights to edited high and low resolution photos 
    Full rights to wedding photos with high and low resolution photos on two cds
    wedding website hosting our photos for 1 year with photo cards for guests - they were a nice touch and given to guests at our reception. 

So it definitely depends on what you are willing to spend because I know brides who have spent more or less depending on who they went with. Usually boudoir sessions are separate from the wedding package. I would check out marathon sessions where they have promos going on too. 

• See if your photographer will give you a CD of your raw images or some images that are retouched. I did this...saved a ton of money. And if you have a graphic designer in the family...even more of a bonus.
  • I am using Memories RI and am paying $3000 for an engagement session and up to 12 hours of coverage on our wedding day with 2 photographers and DVD with rights. I think that package may have gone up slightly since we booked though. But they also offer albums,  boudoir and amazing videography which is unfortunately out of our budget.

• I am using Allan Millora Photography out of Newport.  We had our engagement session with him already and our pictures came out amazing!  His prices are very reasonable also.  We are paying 1500 for 8 hours and the engagement session but he has different packages that include different things.  He is also giving us the rights to all of our photos, he mailed us a CD of our engagement photos and we could do whatever we wanted with them.  I highly recommend him!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • As an educated guess, I think at least $3k.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used Organic Photography out of Cape Cod.  Their packages start at $3600; we had engagement shoot, two photographers (a husband and wife team) all day and all high-res images on a flash drive.  Some of their package include a next-day trash=the-dress shoot.  I'm sure they'd be willing to do a budoir shoot (or I'm sure you could just have Kristen do it).  The thing I love about them, other than they're awesome people is that it was nice to get a girl's and guy's perspective on what a great shot is. 
    http://organicphotographyweddings.showitsite.com/#/contact-1/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going with Wendy Hewes photography out of East Providence. Her highest package is $2900 and includes an engagement shoot, 8 hour coverage with two photographers for the day, one 11x14 print, unlimited digital images and edited DVD with copyright release. Met her and knew right away she was perfect for us. Did our engagement shoot in downtown providence in the fall and had an absolute blast with her!

photographybywendyhewes.com and she is on FB!
  • We are working with Ashley Stelzer of AE Stelzer Photography. We won engagement photos with her through the 2011 Newport Bridal Show, and were absolutely thrilled with the results so we booked her immediately for our July 2014 wedding. Her rates begin at around $2300-2500 for a package which includes engagement photos, eight hours of photography, an online gallery for one year, and a cd and full rights to your pictures. She's been a joy to work with-- I cannot recommend her enough! She also worked with our budget, which was great! We are not using a videographer, so we decided to spend more than we originally planned on the photography.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards