October 2013 Weddings

Hi, I am new!

Screen name: teacherjodee
Significant other's age: 26
What you do: I've taught 1st grade for seven years and I'll be teaching kindergarten next year.
What SO does: Physical Therapist
State of Relationship: living together, not officially engaged but the wedding is planned. Second marriage for both of us.
How long have you been together: 9 months
How you met: Match.com
Wedding date: October 6,2013
Real babies: my 3 year old daughter. SO will adopt her after the wedding.
Fur babies: none
Loves: pink, Dallas Cowboys, Apple products, Mexican food
Hates: crowds, waiting, tomatoes
Pet Peeves: inefficentcy
Hobbies: computer games (second life), hiking, traveling, craft projects for my classroom.
Favorite thing about SO: responsibility. He follows through on his word no matter what.
Least favorite thing about SO: he is a heavy breather.
Describe your personality: I'm pretty shy and that comes off as stuck up even now. People who get to know me say I'm sarcastic, funny and kind.
Snark level: a 4?
I've been on TK since: 2005 for my previous marriage and since Monday this time around when we finally decided on a wedding date.
How I came to be on TK: I came here to plan my first wedding.
How I like my potatoes: twice baked!
Favorite book/author: "Oh, the places you'll go!" By Dr. Seuss
Tell us something interesting about yourself: I'm 4'11
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hi, I am new!

• Welcome to the board!! :) How's your planning going?
  • I've only been planning since Monday, but so far so good. We are getting married in Las Vegas. I contacted Treasure Island and hopefully they get back to me soon! We have the days taken off of work and my dress but that's it so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Welcome Teacher!!!

I love your favorite book choice.
  • Welcome to the boards! Happy Planning!

And although not "officially engaged," I'm going to say that you are engaged, since you are planning the wedding! You might not have a ring or a formal proposal, but the intention for two people to get married where the both agree counts as being engaged! All the other stuff is just extra!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards