Wedding Etiquette Forum

AW: Good Etiquette in training

Kate61487Kate61487 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
edited May 2013 in Wedding Etiquette Forum

After countless pre-printed generic photo thank yous from nieces, nephews, and friends; today I got this in the mail: 

I love my little cousin.  So glad someone in my family is still teaching about hand written personalized thank you notes.

Do you see handwritten thank yous from kids?  Here lately, as I mentioned they've all been mass-produced pre-printed photo cards.

Re: AW: Good Etiquette in training

• Awesome! I've seen cards for little ones that have thank you in bubble letters that they can color on. My parents made me write thank you cards before I could play with whatever. 
  • I made a stuffed animal for my cousin and she hand wrote me a thank you card. That's the only one I've received in a long time, but I know when I was a child, my dad would make me write out cards all the time. I HATED it then, but I'm glad he taught me how to properly thank someone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I didn't totally mind the pre-printed ones when our nieces and nephews were little (though a personalized note would have been nice) but now that they can write I feel like there's just no excuse.
  • I haven't received any, but I always have my class make a big thank you card when ever we have guest presenters come to the school.  And FI received a 'filled-out-by-hand' First Communion Invitation from one of his students... I thought that was pretty cute.... although I wasn't listed on the invitation and was pretty miffed (kidding).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome! Looks like she put a lot of thought into it!
  • Awwww, that is very sweet!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I love it. It doesn't have to be long or intricate to indicate their true thanks. It's very cute.
  • Aw, homemade (and illustrated!) thank you notes are the best. Even before she could write, H's step-sister would have her daughter color a picture from a coloring book to send to people as thank you notes, and then she's write "thank you, love Sally" on top (so we didn't just get random artwork in the mail, lol). I thought it was a great way to teach kids about manners as early as possible!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm so glad people are still doing this with their kids. My parents did it with me, and it worked. I send thank-you notes for any gift I ever receive to this day, and I notice that people really appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards