Chit Chat

KP Says.....(XP)

In case some of you didn't know, all your PMs will be disappearing from your inbox. This was posted on the Knottie Help Board:

Hi Everyone -- 
All PM's within your inbox (sent and received) will be deleted on the morning of Monday, June 3rd as part of a community update.
Please take the time to save any messages that you may want to hold on to. 

And this is the response VegasGroom and I got when we expressed that this should be posted on the boards since many people might not even look there:
Please continue to share the news and encourage your friends to check the Knottie Help board frequently for announcements. This is the specific board where we will share community wide news.

So apparently that will be for announcements as well, not just if you need to page someone for help. 
What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: KP Says.....(XP)

• Wait, what? 

Is there a way to save them on TK?  Or do I have to copy them into word if I want to hang on to them?  (Insert "aint nobody got time for that" gif)

Is this going to happen often?  I've started using the PM system since everything changed, and it's been great.  If we have to do this every couple weeks for updates then it seems pointless.

• Well that just seems odd to me. Why delete PMs?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2013
    I just took it to mean they would disappear b/c of the update. That used to happen to us at work when they would update the system over the summer. By x date we had to get emails we needed saved. 

I don't know, Kitty. You could post that on the thread on the Knottie Help Board and ask. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thank you for the update.

Am I the only one who has never gone over to the Knottie Help Board?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi I hadn't, until today. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went once when it first went up b/c I was curious. Then I went yesterday when the announcement there was pointed out by another Knottie. Otherwise, I would never have seen it. 

• Was  the Knottie help board only mentioned in PMs to Mods with their pink slips?

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• daria24daria24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    I think the help board only shows up on mobile for me, I don't know if I've ever seen it my desktop.
  • I think they said something about its existence in one of the threads paging them, but not everybody reads those. 

• @AddieL73  I'm sure it's right in front of me, but I can't find the Knottie Help board. Could you please point me in the right direction? 

• @AddieL73  I'm sure it's right in front of me, but I can't find the Knottie Help board. Could you please point me in the right direction? 

http://forums.theknot.com/categories/knottie-help

I can never find it on mobile.
  • Thank you, miss hart

• HuckSCHuckSC member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I wish there was a link to it on some front page, because I still thought it was a "special person/mods only" board since it never showed up anywhere for me.
  • It's at the vey top on the weddin boards page, but it doesn't stand out.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    @AddieL73  I'm sure it's right in front of me, but I can't find the Knottie Help board. Could you please point me in the right direction? 
    I kept missing it because the boards are in alphabetical order.  So I was looking for it in the the "K" section.  Silly me.    Here it's on top.  Which I get, but it doesn't really stand out.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • There are two different ways to get to the boards. The one below doesn't have the link at all. And it comes up on mobile a lot.

http://m.theknot.com/wedding-message-boards.aspx
  • They need to make the board more visible.
    How are we supposed to ask for help if we can't find the board through regular board browsing. Only reason I found it is because of the links above from PP's.

@KnotJackie @KnotIrene @KnotPorscha
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• I'm working with tech to add it to our community homepage and mobile pages today. I'm hoping to have it up in the next 24 hours after our page content get refreshed.
  • I'm working with tech to add it to our community homepage and mobile pages today. I'm hoping to have it up in the next 24 hours after our page content get refreshed.
    Thank you Porscha :)
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

• Np! I've got the community homepage and mobile page addition for Knottie Help confirmed for tomorrow. Hoping this helps everyone see our announcements.
  • Np! I've got the community homepage and mobile page addition for Knottie Help confirmed for tomorrow. Hoping this helps everyone see our announcements.
    I doubt I would go to the there for annoucements.   It's just under my radar so-to-speak.  It's just not a place would check out on a normal basis.

• bellaluna290bellaluna290 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013

MuppetFan said:
    Was  the Knottie help board only mentioned in PMs to Mods with their pink slips?

I never got an official pink slip...but then again I was never officially given my mod powers, soo....

Someone PM the reason for pink slips?
    Anniversary

• MuppetFan said:
    Was  the Knottie help board only mentioned in PMs to Mods with their pink slips?

I never got an official pink slip...but then again I was never officially given my mod powers, soo....

Someone PM the reason for pink slips?
    We didn't get a reason other than TK gods were taking over.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards