Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Newly engaged!!

The boyfriend just asked me yesterday and of course the answer was Yes! I'm dying to start the planning process and I've started a "wish list" if you will with cut outs and color combinations and so on. My question is how early is too early to start planning? Should I be letting the engagement sink in a bit before jumping straight into planning? Probably, but dangit I'm just soo excited!! Even after waiting a while until it no longer feels like a dream, what's the first steps to take??

Re: Newly engaged!!

• Options
    Hello and congrats! :)

I'd say letting it sink in for a couple days would be a good first step. If your FI is amenable, it would be OK to start planning soon, though! I would think about the big stuff first: your budget, your guest list, a timeframe for when you want it to happen, and what you want it to be like (small and simple, more traditional and formal, somewhere in between?). Once you know how much you can spend and how many people you will be inviting, you can find a venue to accommodate those people based on your budget. From there, it will be easier to figure out the details.
  • Options
    Discuss with your fiance what kind of wedding you want to have and decide on a budget. Will you be paying for it yourselves?  Will anyone else be contributing?  Then make a potential guest list and start looking for venues that meet your numbers. 

Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Congratulations! Work out the budget first, everything else has to fall into place within that.
  • Options
    It's never to early. Pick a date and and budget!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards