Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Ivory Wedding Dress - But, my Fiance wants a White dress shirt with his light grey suit

My fiance wanted to stand out and here bought a fitted light grey suit. He paired it with a white, textured shirt. The groomsmen are going to be wearing black men's wearhouse tuxedos with white shirts. My bridesmaids are wearing black dresses. Flowers are yellow, green and white. My question is should we get white or ivory dress shirts for the groomsmen? Also, should I insist my fiance changes his shirt to ivory? HELP PLEASE!!! Thanks!

Re: Ivory Wedding Dress - But, my Fiance wants a White dress shirt with his light grey suit

• Options

I wore an ivory dress and H wore a white shirt.  You couldn't tell, and no one noticed.  I wouldn't worry about it.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Lurk a little. There is a huge thread a few posts down where someone was worried about this issue. 

Do the white shirts. No one will be able tell that your dress and the shirts aren't the exact same shade. I think white shirts with tuxes always look very crisp and clean. 
  • Options
    White shirts are fine. I do think it's weird that your FI is going to be in a grey suit but the Groomsmen are wearing black tuxes though.   They are going to look more formal than him.  Have you considered just letting them wear a black suit?
  • Options
    Like others have said, it doesn't really matter either way.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I wore a diamond white dresss, my H wore an ivory shirt with an ivory vest, his GM wore white shirts with their dark purple vests.  In pictures and in person you could not tell the difference between the three different whites at all.  Let your H wear the color shirt that he wants because it really won't be noticeable.

• Options
    Not a big deal at all, H wore a white shirt and I wore ivory: I couldn't even tell the difference, and I knew.

Cmg's right about the lack of cohesion in terms of formality. It would probably look better if they were all in the same level of dress, ie all suits. I'd prefer the colors to be the same too, but that's just my preference.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ditto PPs. And I also think you should rethink the black and gray suits. 
  • Options
    Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    Also, I should mention, the groomsmens' tuxedos look more like a regular suit. So I think the formality will be similar to my H's suit - just the colors will be different - which I am okay with. :)
  • Options
    cmgilpin said:
    White shirts are fine. I do think it's weird that your FI is going to be in a grey suit but the Groomsmen are wearing black tuxes though.   They are going to look more formal than him.  Have you considered just letting them wear a black suit?
    All of this!  

White shirts are the norm.  You won't notice the difference against your ivory dress.  Ivory wedding dresses look more like a "softer" white.  Men's ivory dress shirts usually look more yellow and dingy.

And I would seriously reconsider having the groom wear a tux.  Why would the groomsmen dress better than the groom?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards