Ohio-Cincinnati

Venues in Butler Co?

I am helping my BFF plan her wedding. Right now we are trying to find the right venue. We need to be budget conscious. It will be a summer wedding with a bright/beachy feel. She is trying to keep the guest list to 150. So far we are going to look at Lake Lyndsay and VOA. Is there any other places we should look?

Re: Venues in Butler Co?

• How far north are you willing to travel?
  • Lake Lyndsay is BEAUTIFUL but it's also off the beaten path, not too easy to get to, would your friend be willing to go north towards Miamisburg?

• It is beautiful. We grew up right around it and had our prom at the lodge.
    The only guideline I have for finding a venue is that it has to be in Butler Co. All the guests live in Butler Co so it makes sense.
  • Fitton Center - my wedding was there.  We invited 200 / 150 came & it was the perfect size.

Courtyard - not my style, but my brother's getting married there in July

Jungle Jims - it felt a little too big for a 150 person wedding to me & there was something about a reception in a shopping center that I didn't like

Receptions

Tori's Station

• Pyramid Hill
  • I had mine at VOA. I would rate them a 6.. The coordinator was great and worked with us. However, the bartender came up to be RIGHT before my husband was giving the thank you speech and he walked over and told me I had to pay the $200 I owe by the end of the night. Mind you, we owed NOTHING. He was a complete jerk. He also hit on my MIL and a 16 year old guest. Be careful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards