April 2014 Weddings
Options

wtf Davids Bridal!!!

I had booked davids bridal for my photo and video. I paid them in full. I just got a call from then saying that they have closed their photo and video department. They ARE going to give me my money back but now I have to find and book new ones. I am sooooo annoyed. No other place is going to give me the same deal.
Grrrrrrr
Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!

Re: wtf Davids Bridal!!!

• Options
    Oh no!!  I'm sorry you have to deal with this!  At least you have plenty of time though to search around.  On the plus, at least they are giving you a refund.  If you need recommendations, let me know since we are in the same general area.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks. They are going to send me a list of photo/video companies that know about the situation and will hopefully work with the price. I know I have time its just that it was one less thing to worry about that I now have to worry about.
    I knew little wedding hiccups would occur, I just didnt think it would be with my photo/video service.
  • Options
    Wow, I'm sorry, that sounds pretty ridiculous. I was actually supposed to meet with them last weekend and I believe we are also in the same area? I guess I should keep looking then. I'm glad they are giving you the full refund but I understand what you are saying about trying to get things done. I'm on the photographer and videographer hunt right now myself.
  • Options
    I've actually heard a lot of really bad things about David's bridal services outside of their dresses. Maybe you can look at this as a blessing in disguise. Good luck!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    There is a company they reccommended call The Pros. Has anyone you know used them? They contacted me today about using them and they are giving davids bridal customers a small discount. They are going to be at a place called The Forge in woodbridge NJ next week so I am going to see them. I dont like the Forge but at least I can go see the photo people. They sent me a link with their prices and they are pretty reasonable but I dont know if they are going to have everything I need.
  • Options
    The Pros have very mixed reviews.  Some people really love them or are really upset and disappointed.  They are the jack of all trades but experts in none, thats how they are viewed, esp in the knot community.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Good to know. Thank you.
  • Options
    My friend used the Pros and she loved them. I too have heard awful things about David's Bridal and I had a terrible experience when I looked for dresses there.
  • Options
    All things happen for a reason. Not only did I book a new company for photo and video but I got a photo booth too for only $400 more than I was paying Davids Bridal :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards