Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Clashing wedding colors, help!

I am having a Chinese wedding in a foresty setting. Chinese wedding colors are red and gold and my dress will be red, but the scenery is very brown and green with an old rustic barn. In addition to these clashes, my ideal wedding colors would be pink and lime green.

None of the colors I like work well together (in my opinion). Help me? Thought, ideas, anything would be appreciated!!!

Re: Clashing wedding colors, help!

• Options
    Prioritize what's important:

If the most important thing is that the colors match your scenery/venue, you need to decide what's more important to you: The venue or your theme? If it's the venue, then you pick a totally different palate that goes w/ it (natural, neutral colors). If it's the theme, you could consider a different venue.

If it's important to you to keep the venue AND your theme, then you have to accept that you won't match the scenery (as a guest, I would not judge you or think, "omg, I can't believe she doesn't match the scenery"). 

Once you've prioritized what's important, pick your theme and stick to it. If you want a Chinese wedding, go for it! If you'd rather do pink and lime green, do that. But I would not recommend trying to incorporate pink/lime green with red/gold into one wedding. What is your FI's preference?
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

What about incorporating pink & red w/touches of lime green into your bouquet? If you are having bridemaids, the right shade of pink dress for them would look nice with your red dress and again you can add touches of lime green into their bouquets.

In regards to the background, the red dress will you help you stand out against the background which is good, you are the bride, you don't want to blend into the background.  :)

• Options
    KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    It sounds like you have too many conflicting themes going on...not necessarily clashing colors. Your venue is outside...so you may need to tone your bouquets, etc to fit that venue. If the dress is a traditional Chinese dress, that can fit the venue...but don't go adding more to it...go more neutral to fit the venue and allow the traditional dress, etc to stand out.
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards