Attire & Accessories Forum

To get a purse or no??

Hey ladies, Just wanted to see how many of the to be brides are getting a special purse or clutch for wedding day & how many of the already married ladies bought one & how much you found it to be helpful?? Or any input from a member of a recent wedding party who maybe ended up keeping up with said purse for the bride because she didn't have time or a place for it?? Just debating do I really NEED this item?? We are having a small wedding & reception all at same place & I'm kind of leaning towards not purchasing anything special for the day. My sister will be my MOH & my other sister will be marrying us. So, just wanted some thoughts on if people bought them, never used them or it was a life saver or any opinions are welcome!! Thanks

Re: To get a purse or no??

• See, that is kind of what I'm thinking. And hoping our venue will have an area that can be locked where anything of real value can be kept safely.
  • I agree you probably don't need one. I'm a purse freak and can't live/feel naked without them, so I do plan on getting a small clutch. I plan on putting small essentials (lipstick, cell phone, etc.) in it, and will leave it under our sweetheart table prior to the ceremony so that no one has to mess with it. 
  • I didn't take a single thing with me to my wedding.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I have a clutch that I've had for years that I'm going to bring with me in the event I want it but the only things I can think of needing in it are my phone and lipstick/gloss.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I kept my tote bag of stuff in the bridal suite which was not far from the reception room.  Much easier than carrying a purse or clutch around.
  • My mom passed down the clutch her mom gave her on her wedding day--so its my "Something Old" kinda. I plan to just have my id and lip gloss in it.  And will keep it under the table.  I would say you do not "need" to buy something, but if you want something I'm sure you'll want to have something at your table--whether its new or not, that is your decision!

Anniversary
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2013
    My grandma gave be a white satin money bag that cost $10 at Walmart. I used it as a purse.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My mom loaned me a beautiful clutch, which would have only held my phone & lipstick. I totally forgot to switch things over the night before and just grabbed my regular purse to go to the hair salon (my wallet wouldn't fit in clutch) figuring I'll change it over later. Not!! I ended up using my Miche purse with an Ohio State Univeristy Marching Band Photo on it the whole day. No one said anything and to be honest, I don't think anyone noticed. It's not like I really carried it around with me except from limo to church hall to get dressed, then it was put into limo for me afterwards, then from limo into reception all where it was placed immediately under the table by my seat.
  • I got a clutch and liked having my lipstick, ID and oil blotting papers with me. It's definitely not necessary though.

Anniversary
  • cofkelcofkel member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I bought a big zip top LL Bean boat and tote. I was going to buy a clutch and my good friend told me I was crazy. I bought a big bag so I can put crap I need like my flip flops, deodorant, a granola bar (hypoglycemic) and whatever else I may need to carry around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • cofkel said:
    I bought a big zip top LL Bean boat and tote. I was going to buy a clutch and my good friend told me I was crazy. I bought a big bag so I can put crap I need like my flip flops, deodorant, a granola bar (hypoglycemic) and whatever else I may need to carry around.
    I had a huge LL Bean tote too.  It worked out perfect.
  • I wanted to purchase one, but I decided not to. We have a bridal suite at our venue that can be locked, so that is where any essentials will be. I am looking forward to not carrying anything but a bouquet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards