Pennsylvania-Central
Options

officiant - Lancaster Area

Any thoughts for a budget-friendly officiant for a civil ceremony?  I feel like the prices I'm seeing are a heck of a lot for essentially coming for 30min (I don't see ours taking much planning on the officiant's behalf).  We want to have two guest readings, own our reading to each other, and then basic vows....this seems to be ranked as higher b/c of the readings even though all the officiant needs to do is introduce them! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: officiant - Lancaster Area

• Options
    In PA you are not legally required to have an officiant-you can get a self-uniting license, you pronounce yourselves husband & wife, and then two witnesses sign the marriage license. You could choose this option and not have an "mcl so to speak, or you could ask a friend or family member to perform that role.

We self-united and just had friends and family take different readings. Our program outlined what was going on so that our guests could follow along.

If you do want an officiant, I would search for Unitarian ministers in the area-I know I found a few in the $200-300 range. We initially looked into a District Magistrate (the PA version of JOP) and didn't have much look. The UU Church seemed like the best option.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.  FI did not like the idea of self-uniting, but I presented it as truly just us marrying ourselves....maybe i'll raise it again w/ the "emcee" addition.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards