June 2013 Weddings
Options

Decisions, Decisions...

talee1989talee1989 member
First Comment First Anniversary
edited June 2013 in June 2013 Weddings
This is by far the toughest decision I’ve have to make in the whole wedding planning so far. So I’ll start with a little background. --my parents divorced when I was younger and my dad was never really around much because his new wife didn’t want him involved in his past life much. So fast forward 5/6 years he comes back into our lives and tries to be involved and help out as much as he can with my son and just being there as a dad in general but not in an emotional way (if that makes sense). Here’s the dilemma, I don’t know if I should let have my dad walk me down the aisle. My mom has already expressed how much she would not like that because he wasn’t there for me and she raised my sister brother and I and so on and so forth so I told her whatever you both can walk me down the aisle and she seemed to be satisfied with that. When we did the total lay out with the pastor for the wedding, we came to find out the aisle isn’t big enough for three person wide especially with my big poufy dress. So here are the options I can come up with.                                                                                                                                           A) My mom/stepdad, dad/stepmom walk down the aisle ahead of me and my brother (who I am and have always been really close to) walks me down the aisle         
B) I walk down the aisle myself Let me hear what you think about this! I don’t know why I am so afraid to tell them that this is how it’s going to be. I am an adult and can make my own decisions, I just don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings. Thanks in advance.
559809_10152275403875517_1123710195_n

Re: Decisions, Decisions...

• Options
    I personally think you made a great decision as to walking down the aisle by yourself. You dont want to hurt peoples feelings and thats  a great option. Just make sure when your officiant asks who gives this woman away you make sure that both you mom/stepdad dad/stepmom all say we do. that way everyone is involved. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards