New Jersey

Venue suggestions with 125 min on Friday Night

My fiance and I visited a few venues this weekend.  We weren't thrilled with the Manor, Atrium or Highlawn Pavillion but we fell in love with the Rockleigh.  The only problem with the Rockleigh is that their Friday min is 150 which is more than our expected 125. Does anyone have any suggestions for a venue that can accommodate a party of our size on a Friday night? We're thinking of a Fall/Winter 2014 wedding at a max of 140++ per. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Venue suggestions with 125 min on Friday Night

• GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    Hi. We were married at the Palace at Somerset Park on a Friday in September. Our minimum was 125. It was not easy to find a venue that would accommodate a low number, but booking a Friday in the off season should help. Good luck!
  • Thanks for your help Giaspo.  My friend got married at the Palace a few years ago and I don't want to look like a copy cat.  Were there any other venues that you liked with a 125 Friday min? We just started to look for venues but I have a feeling we're going to keep running into trouble with our guest list. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What about Addison Park? Or Seasons?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I believe The Tides Estate in North Haledon has a smaller ballroom available for smaller guest lists. You may want to check into that. I've been to a couple weddings there and the food is very good.
  • Thank you all for your suggestions. Addison Park looks lovely but it's an hour from my church.  Here are the venues we are looking at this weekend.

Tides
    Seasons
    Wilshire Grand
    Mayfair Farms
    Crystal Plaza (probably over pp budget and minimum but checking it out anyway)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi!

I def think @Giaspo brought up a great point: for a friday night some places will negotiate a lot more than persay for a saturday night. We had a similar issue - and a lot of places wouldn't negotiate.

Just a recommendation - our venue is The Imperia in Somerset - we are doing Friday in August and negotiated a great price for a min of 130 guests. We also negotiated viennese dessert table as well to be included in our price :) I would highly recommend The Imperia the past year we have been working with them and the coordinators there are amazing and very helpful!

Hope this helps and good luck on your venue search!

Anniversary

Vacation
  • Thanks @smitten2012. Imperia is on our list also but it's also an hour away.  We're going to check out the venues closer to bergen co. first.  Do you know which rooms at The Imperia have a 130 min?  I noticed they have 3 ballrooms. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi @sheilax3 -

We are reserved at the Majestica Ballroom - its the downstairs room with the access to their outside patio with the water fountains. The 2 other rooms upstairs are much bigger in size and their outside ceremonies i believe take place in the gazebo by the main entrance which is also very nice. Hope this helps! If you have any other questions def feel free to ask away i would love to help!

Ps I'm sure other venues do this as well - The Imperia is contracted with one of the hotels nearby (literally 7 mins away) which provides non stop shuttle service for the guests during your wedding between the imperia & the hotel - we loved that option so we don't have to worry about the guests driving around :)

Anniversary

Vacation
  • GiaspoGiaspo member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment Combo Breaker
    I'm trying to think of other venues that were OK with our 125 on a Friday... Westmount Country Club would only allow us to get married on a Sunday morning off-season.  Mayfair Farms and Highlawn Pavillion were OK with this minimum.  Our other fave was the Stone House and they were also OK with 125.

Good luck and please let us know how it goes!  
  • We booked the upstairs room at Seasons for a Saturday night in September and our minimum is 125 people. It may even be a little lower on a Friday night. Good luck! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards