Maryland-Baltimore
Options

DJ Delights

I'm getting married at Martin's Valley Mansion this July. In their package deal, DJ Delights is included.
Does anyone have anything good or bad to report on these guys? I figure as long as we give the DJ a list of songs to play, we should be good, right?
Thanks for any info!
Jen

Re: DJ Delights

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using them for our wedding in May. Obviously I can't give much info other than the fact that the meeting with Tom went well and they have been pretty good with responding to calls I made. Sorry I can't give much more info. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used them for our 10/08 wedding.  We had no problems what-so-ever with them. 

We basically told them to keep our guests dancing -- and they did!  We gave them list of important songs (entrance, first dance, cake cutting, etc...) and a list of songs to NOT play. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my wedding at Valley Mansion too!  But it's not until Sept 2011.  Anyway, we're planning on using DJ Delights too.  Our coordinator stressed the fact that they don't recommend vendors because they can't always vouch for them, so if they recommend DJ Delights then they can't be all that bad right?  I also just went to a bridal show in Annapolis where DJ Delights had a table and the guy I spoke with gave me a good feeling about them.  Good luck and congratulations!
  • Options
    I would be very careful in your dealings with DJ Delights. My company has received a judgement against them for failure to pay a bill.
  • Options

I used DJ Delights.  Tom Gavin, the owner, was very personable and easy to talk to but the day of the wedding arrived and we met the actual DJ for the first time ever.  Tom never told us that he would not be there.  He said that he and another DJ would be in attendance to work our event.  If I had known that Tom was not going to be the main DJ I would have requested a meeting with the DJ who was actually there on our wedding day.  He had no idea how to pronounce names or what we really going on.

Overall, the DJ did keep us dancing and MC'd our event well, our issues were more of a result from Tom and his bad communication then anything else.  If you do go with DJ Delights make sure to ask who the real DJ on your day will be and ask to meet with them to discuss the music you do and do not like and any day of concerns you may have.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards