Snarky Brides

Foam hair color

Has anybody used foam hair color before? I've read good things about the John Frieda brand. Any experiences??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Foam hair color

• Gypsy79Gypsy79 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    It was horrible and messy and stained everything! A friend of mine tried it too, and said the same
    Cleaning up unicorn messes!
  • I have long hair so it didn't spread out enough for me which in turn came out spotty. I used the garnie (spelling?) So I went back over it with the cream kind. Oh yeah, it's messy because imagine having a whip cream pie thrown in your face. Of course it splatters everywhere. So once the foam is on your hands to apply, it's just like the pie. It splatters if you aren't careful. "Ain't nobody got time for that!
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I agree with PP's, it was awfully messy. I had long hair and it barely got it to cover my whole head.
  • Thank you for the feedback!! Now I def won't be getting it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually like the John Frieda foam. I have used it 3-4 times with no issues. I think you just have to try different kinds until you find one that works best for you. What works great for me might not work well for you.
  • @princessbride2016 my hair is just as long, so your post gives me hope! thank you! How many bottles did you have to use? When I use the regular hair dye, I have to use close to 3 bottles. Its almost just as expensive as going to the salon.

Thank you to everyone who gave me feedback!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

I have long hair (mid-back) and use the John Frieda foam in the lightest blonde shade every 6-8 weeks.

I've never had an issue and I love how even the color is. I used to use creme and would always get patchy.

I salon-hop for haircuts, and every time the stylist (unprovoked) asks me which salon I go to for haircolor. When I tell them I've been box dying for years, they're usually a bit speechless with the good quality/results of color.

• @itzms Im glad to hear that you get even color, because I was really worried about that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Sierra524 said:
    @itzms Im glad to hear that you get even color, because I was really worried about that.

Yep. Just make sure to follow the directions exactly. Apply color in the order given and do not skip the "massaging" it in part!

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards