July 2013 Weddings

Gifts for Parents

My fiance and I are trying to figure out what to get our parents as appreciation gifts; most of what I see online seems hokey, or like a gift for the sake fo a gift.  What unique parent gift ideas do you have?  We're looking to stay under $200 per couple...

Re: Gifts for Parents

• We had leather bound photo books of our engagement pics made for them, are promising them all the prints of wedding photos they want along with another photo book of wedding pictures. We're also thinking of adding in a $100 gift certificate to a nice restaurant.
  • We had leather bound photo books of our engagement pics made for them, are promising them all the prints of wedding photos they want along with another photo book of wedding pictures. We're also thinking of adding in a $100 gift certificate to a nice restaurant.
    Hmm...didn't really think of the photo album idea. Sounds good!
    Soon to be MR. & MRS. ANTHONY PRICE JR! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are just getting them things that they will like because I'll pretty sure we will be giving them photos after the wedding anyway.  Both sets of parents have cabins, so we wanted something they could use there.  We went to Pier 1 Imports and a sales woman pointed out some nice wicker serving sets, so we bought one for each.  Also FI is making these for GM, so he's made 2 extra for parents too.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsH86MrsH86 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    My sister got the parents handkerchiefs with sweet notes embroidered on them. I thought they made for a cute keepsake and they were personal and inexpensive!
    ~Happy Wife.... Happy Life~
  • Thanks for all the ideas, everyone.  We thougt about the album thing, but we have a 2 year old son, and we've given them all picture books for so many occasions lately.  We actually ended up deciding to get wrapped canvas prints of their own wedding pictures made.  We'll also let my parents know that we're bringing them back something extra special from our honeymoon in Europe.  That way, we can acknowledge all that thye're doing for us (they're paying for the whole wedding) without creating an uncomfortable situation with the in laws, who are not contributing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards