Alabama
Options

Huntsville area venues and planning help

Help!  I just got engaged (yesterday) and we are looking to have our wedding before the end of the year!  I am relatively new to Huntsville so I don't know alot about venues, average costs for weddings in the area and planners.  We are thinking of 150 people for the guest list and I would like to get married outdoors if possible.
I have looked into some locations, just don't know if they are big enough.  Does anyone have any experience with using Wedding Chapel on the Mountain?  They kind of do everything, just haven't seen any reviews or anything.  All help and comments appreciated!

Re: Huntsville area venues and planning help

• Options
    Hi, im an event planner,photographer, event decorater would love to discuss very very affordable options with you! Mr8mrswilliamsgmail.com 2056754515 Photography packages as low as 150 Event planning fees 200
  • Options
    Look into the Botanical Gardens in Huntsville - beautiful setting for an outdoor wedding with nice reception halls.  We have DJed there in the past and found it very nice! 
    Also Anabella at Cedar Glen 
  • Options
    hey lady!

We are getting married in Huntsville in November, and I wanted an outdoor venue also, so maybe I can help.  it really comes down to what your budget is, because they can get pretty pricey.... the places that I looked at were...

Burritt, which is on Monte Sano and is a pretty popular venue and is very pretty.  I have had a few friends get married there and it is always nice

Boanical Gardens.  they have several areas to chose from depending on the size of your wedding.  

Antebellum at Cedar Glen.  I didn't look at this, and have never been, but it's an option

Huntsville Museum of Art.  I really liked the set up of the Art Museum and it is just kind of different, since it's not a super popular venue, but it is really bare so I think decorations would add up

Tate Farms.  This is where we are getting married and I couldn't be happier!  We are using the barn area for our ceremony and having an off site reception (they don't allow alcohol)  they also have a very pretty garden area.  It's another venue that isn't overly used and  won't be run of the mill!

Good luck with your planning!  let me know if I can help in any other way!!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone.  We found a venue.  I looked at most of those places you mentioned, Jennrenfroe but size was an issue.  We will have a little over 150 and a few of those places were too small and others were booked.  Did you find a place, Jenn?  Just have to find a photographer and I will be all set with the big stuff!  Just 6 months away now!
  • Options
    Yeah, wedding chapel on the mountain is too small for yours. They will do things offsite though for you. And I think some of those hold more people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards