Wedding Etiquette Forum

Transportation for the wedding party??

FI and I booked a corvette to get us from ceremony to reception and for send off. Question - I just had a sinking feeling this is rude... should we be providing transportation for our wedding party also? I can see it both ways, "yes, if you do it for yourself, you should do it for them," but I can also see it as, "it'd be nice, but of course you're not expected to chauffeur them." So what's the right answer here?
*********************************************************************************

Re: Transportation for the wedding party??

• You do not have to provide them transportation. They are adults and can figure out how to get to the different locations. Don't worry about it.
  • tiny specktiny speck member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2013
    No need to provide transportation for anyone. They'll figure it out, just like they can figure out their own travel and accommodation arrangements if they're coming from out of town.
  • No you do not have to provide transportation.  Our wedding party drove themselves to our venue.  Some carpooled others drove by themselves.  Heck, H and I didn't even ride in a limo or special vehicle because we both dressed and got ready at our venue and then my parents drove us to the hotel that we all were staying at once the night was over.

• It's not rude, but make sure you let them know what the plan is. In my circle it's common to provide transport, do they'll need to know not to plan on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards