Hawaii

Weather at Kualoa Ranch?

jyang721jyang721 member
First Comment
edited May 2013 in Hawaii
We're planning a destination wedding in Hawaii for May of next year and are in love with Kualoa Ranch - specifically Hale Moli'i and Moli'i Gardens. One concern we have is the rain. How bad is it in May? On and off showers we can deal with, but not sure about downpours or t-storms! Also, based on the photos we've seen, we can't tell which of the two venues have a better view of the mountains. We'd love to have them as a backdrop to the reception. Any info/feedback would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Weather at Kualoa Ranch?

• it gets rediculously muggy up there.  may should be fine for rain though.  I would like to warn you though.  The event coordinator is absolutely wonderful I love her.  However her boss, dean, is a horrible person.  There was a huge mix up and our date and venue got taken away in the middle of our planning and he absolutely refused to help me with the situation. We were completely misled into believing that our venue and date were being reserved.   he even flat out called me a liar when i tried to send him emails with time stamps to prove that I had done my part in the issue.  he knows nothing of customer service and treated my mother and I like we were absolutely worthless.  We decided against our wedding there because they were too dramatic and their contract system is flawed and confusing.
  • I've been there in May to look at it and I really loved how green it was and the day we were there it was not rainy nor wet, but the green grass just looked soooo fresh and nice! Plus it was a pretty hot day and I loved the shadow at Hale Moli'i. We were close to booking the Ranch site though cos it has a nicer view and we loved the hundred possibilities where one could have the ceremony. Honestly, I love the place and Kiana the event manager is so nice. If we haven't had planed everything on a different venue we would have taken it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards