Iowa-Quad Cities

Outside Venues for ceremony?

My FI and I are thinking of getting married May 2014 and we haven't even started our guest list, lol. But I am trying to get the ball rolling and I was just wondering, where are some great outdoor location to get married. We were thinking Duck Creek Park where they have the gazebo but I am thinking that may be too small. We are still looking for venues for our reception. Also, we are looking for a church as a backup since weather can be unpredictable.

Re: Outside Venues for ceremony?

• Hampton Heritage Center is great for a budget wedding. Outdoor space on the river is beautiful. Tangle wood Hills has outdoor space. Something on the davenport riverfront would be beautiful and then you could have a downtown reception Radison, Blackhawk, Rivercenter, etc. Radison in moline accommodates outdoor ceremonies maybe the same for Stoney Creek. Tons of options, just really depends on your taste and size of your party.
  • Check with Tanglewood Pavillion in Bettendorf. They have a gazebo for outdoor ceremonies and also a nondenominational chapel that I am sure you could make arrangements to use in the event of weahter.

Also, where are you having your reception? Does your reception location have a nice outdoor area that you could use? For example, our reception was at Watchtower Lodge in Blackhawk State Park and they have quite a few outdoor areas surrounding the lodge that would work perfectly for an outdoor ceremony.

I have never been to it but Hampton Heritage Center sounds like it has some outdoor areas that would work for a ceremony and it is overlooking the Mississippi which could be really pretty. Also check out Vanderveer. They do a lot of outdoor ceremonies however, I have heard that the downside is that they don't have seating available.

I have also seen pictures of some gorgeous outdoor ceremonies at the Renwick Mansion in Davenport.

Really any outdoor area in a park can be made into a gorgeous ceremony location with the right decor :)

Good luck!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-quad-cities_outside-venues-for-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:93Discussion:75a9275b-59cc-4540-8c73-ddf8151e1668Post:7d19237a-a533-4517-80ee-07ff313a2c88">Re: Outside Venues for ceremony?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check with Tanglewood Pavillion in Bettendorf. They have a gazebo for outdoor ceremonies and also a nondenominational chapel that I am sure you could make arrangements to use in the event of weahter. Also, where are you having your reception? Does your reception location have a nice outdoor area that you could use? For example, our reception was at Watchtower Lodge in Blackhawk State Park and they have quite a few outdoor areas surrounding the lodge that would work perfectly for an outdoor ceremony. I have never been to it but Hampton Heritage Center sounds like it has some outdoor areas that would work for a ceremony and it is overlooking the Mississippi which could be really pretty. Also check out Vanderveer. They do a lot of outdoor ceremonies however, I have heard that the downside is that they don't have seating available. I have also seen pictures of some gorgeous outdoor ceremonies at the Renwick Mansion in Davenport. Really any outdoor area in a park can be made into a gorgeous ceremony location with the right decor :) Good luck!
    Posted by astacey1784[/QUOTE]

I had a few places in mind for a reception, I know the Phoenix downtown davenport has a ballroom attached to the restaurant and plus that includes catering. I think we definitely will look into Tangelwood so that we have both the option to have our wedding outside or inside depending on the weather and that way we can also have our reception inside. I think we will also check out the Renwick Manson, it looks very beautiful. There are so many options and I really do not know where to begin, plus I feel I am doing this all on my own since my FI works during the day and doesn't get off work until 4:30. I work 2nd shift with 2 days off during the week and it's really hard to plan a wedding with only 2 full days a week to work on it by yourself, lol.
  • I second Tanglewood.  They were great to work with.

• Ozzie85- you may want to be cautious with utilizing the Phoenix.  I have been told by an individual that works there it may not be around too much longer.  This is all hearsay but it is definitely something to inquire about for your own safety.
  • I got married 2 weeks ago at Schweibert Park in Rock Island and it was beautiful! The space is big if you have a large guest list and they have sound equipment available.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Some outdoor venues - many have reception halls as well
    The Rock
    TPC Deere Run
    Blackhawk State Park/Watchtower Lodge
    Outing Club
    Rivermont Collegiate - Old Bettendorf mansion as the backdrop very cool
    Schweibert Park
    Tanglewood - Love Tanglewood I just wish they could do something about their pond - it looks like a brown slimy pool of sludge most of the summer and fall.
    Duck Creek only has a few benches for seating and if I remember correctly, they don't allow you to bring in additional seating - maybe that has changed but I believe at one point that was the case
    Vanderveer Park

February Siggy Challenge - Bridesmaid Dresses - April 2013 Board

No bridesmaids, just my flower girl

• My FI and I are getting married at the Duck Creek Gazebo on Aug 24th. We are having a smaller wedding so the seating is perfect for us. We didn't want to spend a whole lot for the wedding and the gazebo is beautiful and affordable. $150 for 2 hours. I've seen the Rivermont Collegiate and it's pretty also the back yard especially to have pictures on the steps or even the ceremony.
  • My husband is a wedding DJ in the area and he has done many weddings at Blackhawk State Park, with the reception inside Watchtower Lodge. It is gorgeous. There is also Tanglewood and Duck Creek yes....but I think they have a lot of updating to do, in my opinion. Lavender Crest Winery is a nice alternative... If you are wanting to have an outdoor ceremony, the best decision would be to have your reception at the same location. I wouldn't recommend separating them, unless you get married in a church. The Quad City Botanical center is another option. If you want to travel a little bit, check out celebration farm in IA City! My husband had an outdoor ceremony in their amphitheter and reception inside, and it is gorgeous!!! My two all time favorite venues in the Quad Cities remain The Figge Art Museum and Hotel Blackhawk. If you need any reception planning advice, don't hesitate to ask!
  • That picture is beautiful! Do you remember what the cost was to have your wedding at Schweibert Park? Also, was the ceremony pretty private? I would love to get married outside but don't want the whole neighborhood watching our wedding! Any information you have would be great!
  • Most public parks prohibit you from interfering with other park-goers, but MOST people will be courteous and respectful of your ceremony.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards