Flowers
Options

Tips?

I'm getting married, and my parents are footing a large part of the bill.  When I reminded them of tips, they balked at tipping the florist.  They said you don't typically tip for a product, but more often for a service.  Isn't the florist providing a service? I think they should tip, but I need some back up to provide my parents so that they don't insult our florist.

Thanks!

Re: Tips?

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_tips?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:df82a0f4-3fcb-41f2-922c-96871c5fd05bPost:c95b07f0-73bd-43ba-b928-bb3593a4f7ed">Tips?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married, and my parents are footing a large part of the bill.  When I reminded them of tips, they balked at tipping the florist.  They said you don't typically tip for a product, but more often for a service.  Isn't the florist providing a service? I think they should tip, but I need some back up to provide my parents so that they don't insult our florist. Thanks!
    Posted by emmebeaner[/QUOTE]

If you want to tip the florist, then you should tip the florist. I would if the flowers were above and beyond what I expected.
  • Options
    I didn't tip my florist. Usually I see people recommend that you tip the delivery person if it is someone different from the main florist.
  • Options
    I tipped the delivery guy but not the florist.  It was a business.  
  • Options

agree with all pp

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards