Michigan-Detroit
Options

George George Park, Clinton Township

Just curious if anyone has had or seen a ceremony here in the bridal garden.  We've booked it for our September wedding ceremony, but after going back to look at it I'm having second thoughts.  The logistics just don't seem quite right, there's no center aisle, there's nowhere good for me to start from and if we're up in the "garden" I feel like we'll be so far away from anyone it will be very hard to hear without us yelling our vows, which is exactly what I DON'T want to do.  Just wondering how some other brides set up the area.  Plan B would be renting the pavilion as well and doing the ceremony there.  Which I think would be a much better setup, it's just a lot more money that I'd rather save if I can.  So, if you have pictures of a ceremony in either location, I'd love to see them!

Re: George George Park, Clinton Township

• Options
    I considered having my ceremony there, but ended up doing it in a gazebo at my hall. Anyways, I did get to see a wedding there last year when I was stopping by to visit it. I don't have any pictures of it, but the setup for the actual ceremony seemed to work rather well. The big downside is having to walk down that long pathway from the parking lot. If I were you, I'd stop by the park on a Saturday this summer to peek in on a wedding before making your decision. It's a beautiful park, but actually seeing a ceremony there will help you make your decision. I thought it'd work nicely, my DH disagreed because the aisle thing was a big deal to him. The bride that day was just hanging out in the parking lot before the ceremony began, though she could have just as easily hid in a limo so guests wouldn't have been bugging her.
  • Options
    Thanks amhanel!  Yeah, I was thinking about stopping by to check out other weddings this summer, it just felt so stalker-ish to be lurking around watching strangers getting married!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards