Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

Official Vendor Reviews

13»

Re: Official Vendor Reviews

• Our wedding was in October of 2011 and we still do not have all of our photos. They refuse to answer my e-mails and are nowhere to be found!!! It's like they took our money and ran. The wife, Amy, has been brought to court numerous times for larseny!! If only I had known this. I plan on bringing them to court for the rest of our photos. So incredibly sad!! They are out of Virginia, so beware! We are not the only couple they have done this to.
  • We used Dreamlife Photos & Video for our wedding photography and wedding videos.  We had seen their work at two other friends weddings and were really happy with what we saw them do.  Granted both of our friends had different photographers but it was still nice to see that the quality and creativeness of the photography was similar!
    We didn't manage to get the same photographer either but we did get the same videographer as one of ouir friends.  We haven't received the final photo albums yet (we only just finished making our selections) but the photos we had to choose from were gorgeous!  We are really looking forward to getting everything so we can have an excuse for another party to show all our wedding goodies off xx
  •  

My name is Adam. I'm the father to the bride. 

This guy who works for Coca-Cola (sorry that’s all I know) did this amazing video.  We had the wedding on Saturday June 16th and yesterday the 20th he gave us:

- Youtube file - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0nmwbmqZVM - A (included in price) hard drive with all the about 5 hours of raw footage - 10 DVD's!! for $1000!!!!!   All speeches at the rehearsal dinner, vows, and the speeches at dinner all recorded with mics. it was just unreal.  My daughter said it was so fun to hear they were talking about before they both walked down the isle:)   Everyone I know in my family who watched it cried!     Check him out!! He’s really affordable.   Adam   His Contact info: Dave Vagts 404.516.3475

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_photos-video_official-vendor-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:30Discussion:939d05a2-04bd-42d3-930b-5c6743c32245Post:c19e4774-a08f-4954-b78b-a7481470e0dc">Re: Official Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]WOW way to put a person on blast.  Do you not think that maybe something besdes you may have been going on in her life?? A post like this on the Knot could DESTROY a small business as if it's not already hard enough to start one. You ought to be ashamed.  In Response to Re: Official Vendor Reviews :
    Posted by Ashli&Mark13[

<div>Its an honest review. And, I don't think anyone would ever want to be put in this position - I had 4 days to find someone and as far as things going on in her life - her explanation was that she had to work. You have no idea what you're talking about...</div>
  • I was really excited to have Bella Pictures take our wedding photos as our Hall recommended them... but what a terrible exerience!!! We booked both our photos and video with Bella. The photographer did not show up running 3 hrs late (which would be missing the ceremony) and the videographer who showed up on time did not interview any of our guests like we asked. We were only seeing each other before the wedding to get the photoshoot done and join our guests for th coctail hour, but we ended up missing it because the individual that was scheduled to show up, thought she did not need any extra time to come from NYC to NJ during rush hour, on memorial day weekend. The part that displeased me the most, however, was that when we called the 800 number to get help and no one was ableto take accountability, we got no back-up... rather more 800 numbers to call... on my wedding day!!! When I wrote feedback on their fb page, they made it deam like it was no big deal, that they just missed the 'getting ready part' of the pics, which was a complete lie, I was ready by the time the photographer was scheduled to be there. This was the most stressful experience, I can't believe that this happened to me, my eyes were tearing for a while there, but last minute our Hall was able to get someone local. I hope that no bride EVER has to deal with anything like this, if you are choosing a photographer, make sure they are local and have a back-up plan! If you are choosing Bella, be very very careful, terrible vendor that will not take accountability if something goes wrong!

• edited July 2012
    Green Light Media Wedding Services combines the documentary shooting styles of both Paul Lin and Kyle Cage, who have over 10 years of videography and editing experience. Our creative vision is evident in everything we create. As a company based out of the Dallas/Fort-Worth area, we have the ability to scout your wedding locations, provide you with an on-location consultation and attend wedding rehearsals to insure your special day is captured forever.

Whatever your budget, Green Light Media Wedding Services has a wedding package for you. Starting at only $699, let us capture your special day using our top professional HD cameras and audio equipment. Don't let our small DSLR cameras fool you, the quality is unmatched and is used by many industry professionals today for television and film.

We understand that each wedding is unique and therefore, each wedding we film gets the full TLC treatment from our producers and videographers. Each wedding shoot goes through careful logistical planning so each moment is captured at the perfect vantage points. What makes us keep going is seeing your face or reading about your reaction when you watch the finished product for the first time.

http://greenlightmediawedding.blogspot.com/
  • www.carenmorrisphotography.com
    She is an up a comer in the area apparently, and her prices are still reasionable. We just got back from the wedding and my gf said that she absolutely loved her, she said she was really accomidating, had a bunch of packages to choose from.......... And most importantly she got to keep the didgital images, and wasn't forced to buy a bunch of really expensive prints after the fact! I wish I could fly her out for my wedding!!! her website is carenmorrisphotography.com. I really hope that helps with the Seattle area brides!
  • We loved our videographer!!

Message me and I will give you the info.

Here is our wedding video.

https://vimeo.com/46824922

Matthew
  • I highly reccomend Times 3 Studio Photography, located in St. Louis, MO.  http://www.davesfoto.com/index2.php#/contact/ 

It was wonderful to see a team of people that worked so well together, and really loved their art. I could write an essay on how great they are, but instead will detail prime examples. 

1) Professionalism - They operate as a team of three. They listened to me and all my visions for the wedding. (I even showed them my pinterest page, and they helped recreate the photos). I was blown away that they came to our rehearsal and also outlined a plan to strategically place themselves on our carriage ride route. I could tell they really wanted to capture every moment!

2) Tanted - My husband and I were so pleased with the pictures. They captured the little details, impromptu moments and also the wonderful posed shots. They thought of angles and ideas that truly made our pictures one of a kind. 

3) Affordable Photography - Wow! We had the best of both words. High-quality photos for a very reasonable price. We were able to keep all of our high resolution shots and also made a wonderful wedding album and video. 

To sum it up, I would highly reccomend Times 3 Studios for any bride looking to have someone who honestly can't wait to capture the most important details of your life. You will love them!

• We used ADA photography for our wedding this August.  I cannot begin to explain how happy we were that we went through ADA! We used Tony Lante and he was EXCELLENT!!! He arrived early and stayed late.  He made me feel comfortable as a bride and came up with some clever poses!!! I also brought some pictures that I wanted him to take and he made sure to take them all! He worked very hard to help capture every important moment for our special day! I cannot express my gratitude enough to Tony and the staff at ADA. To anyone out there wondering who to use, (trust me I know it is a difficult decision!) I strongly recommend using ADA!  I had my pictures back on a DVD in only one week! You can look him up on facebook (Tony Lante) and see some of his work on there (including our wedding pictures!).  Goodluck!
  • We used ADA photography for our wedding this August.  I cannot begin to explain how happy we were that we went through ADA! We used Tony Lante and he was EXCELLENT!!! He arrived early and stayed late.  He made me feel comfortable as a bride and came up with some clever poses!!! I also brought some pictures that I wanted him to take and he made sure to take them all! He worked very hard to help capture every important moment for our special day! I cannot express my gratitude enough to Tony and the staff at ADA. To anyone out there wondering who to use, (trust me I know it is a difficult decision!) I strongly recommend using ADA!  I had my pictures back on a DVD in only one week! You can look him up on facebook (Tony Lante) and see some of his work on there (including our wedding pictures!).  Goodluck!

• adamgoatsadamgoats member
    First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Great Videographer!  Great Price!!! I recomend the sizzle reel. Film feel.

Thanks Dave!

-Adam
  • Amazing Photobooth by Anders Bentell Photography at our wedding!!! Very affordable. Check out the photos below:

http://www.andersbentell.com/
  • Beloved Artistery - ask to use Ron.  Amazing company, very professional.  Best of all this company will not brake the bank.  I paid lesst than $2,000 for the most amazing, professional service.  8 hours of photography, everything imaginable included, I got to meet photograper prior to wedding, we constantly texted each other.  Don't wast your time or money with any one else.
  • I highly recommend Eugene Photography for any special event! Larry, the photographer, is very professional, sincere, and quite the perfectionist. I hired Eugene photography for my wedding five years ago, and I am still thrilled about my wedding pictures. I still get compliments from friends and family when they ask for my album when deciding on a photographer for their Quinceaneras, Weddings, and Baptisms. Larry is great! He's very easy to work with, and will meet with you well in advance to discuss your preferences. I have some friends that did not feel they needed to pay a professional photographer for their weddings, and only lived to regret not paying for quality pictures. It's your wedding day! When it has passed, you're going to be looking at your wedding photographs the rest of your life. Save yourself the stress, and just hire Larry from Eugene Photography! He is the best! 

• We had to schedule her last minute because our first photographer cancelled on us. She was amazing. www.kimkrangnes.com
  • I like a lot this wedding photographers, i think here it is the best list http://letsplanmywedding.com/productpage.php?productid=8
  • I would highly recommend St. Louis Color to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer.  Our wedding was in November 2012 and we could not be happier with our wedding pictures (and the price).  Guillermo and Erin were our wedding photographers.  They captured candid moments that will help us remember our wedding day for years to come.  They were both fun to work with and very creative with the moments they captured and the shots of us with friends and family.  In addition, they provided us with THOUSANDS of images to choose from.  You cannot go wrong with St. Louis Color.

• When beginning our search for a photographer we knew we wanted two things: something different and a photographer that not only could produce amazing photos but could edit amazing photos as well.  I had been through a million wedding photography websites, always the same thing.  When I found http://www.danmandell.com I immediately knew this was going to be our photographer.  We couldn't have been happier.  Whatever we wanted to do he was open to.  They were knowledgeable; the church we were married in was very old and no flash photography was allowed, he made it work and figured it out!  Quality was very important to us.

After the wedding we began picking out the photos we wanted edited.  All photos were given to us immediately (I have heard horror stories about ladies not receiving them or receiving them months later!!) and our edits came back absolutely STUNNING.  I would recommend DanMandel photography to any bride looking for amazing photos that are not stuck in the stuffy 'wedding photographer' norm.  Get creative!!
  • Caitlin is a true joy and pleasure to work with. She is prompt and punctual with her meetings and communication. She captured our engagement, my bridal and our wedding photos, and all of them were STELLAR! When we look back on our wedding (which was a blur) we are so incredibly thankful for the talented eye of Caitlin and her assistant(s). Caitlin captured every moment and every detail perfectly, and she did so while being discreet and professional. She has the innate ability to capture the emotion in her images that will transcend you back in time to feel that moment all over again, even years later. We constantly get compliments on our photo albums, and not because of us, because of the beauty and the essence of our photos. Caitlin's use of lighting and vibrant colors really set her apart from other photographers that we have used in the past. She created our invitations, thank you cards, a photo book and our wedding album, and all of the finished pieces really highlighted the taste and personality of my husband and I. Caitlin takes the time to get to know her clients so she can tailor her services to their unique personality. I highly recommend Caitlin's Creations for all of your photography needs as you will be beyond satisfied with the finished product. 
  • I posted this on my local board along with my other vendor reviews, but just saw this thread (sorry I am a little slow):

Nima Farsinejad Photography

I cannot say enough great things about Nima. We are not the most photogenic people (Haha!) but I know photography was an extremely important thing. I probably looked at hundreds of photographers online and the few I liked were priced beyond my budget. I asked one of my friends who got married a couple of years ago and she had used Nima as well. He was helpful beyond words. We clicked immediately on our first appointment and after looking at his portfolio I knew he had the experience at a price I could afford. Our engagement session was lots of fun and I never felt rushed. He offered us a complimentary photo booth setup and also had a second photographer who was amazing as well. When I got my wedding pictures back I almost cried. He captured the day beautifully. Everything happened so fast that I barely paid attention to all those details I had planned so carefully. Nima and his team were able to capture it all. I would recommend him to anyone who is planning their wedding.
  • Used Abacus Wedding Studios and they were great for photo and video. They are now offering photo booths and have a pretty good deal on AMAZON, here is the link http://local.amazon.com/central-jersey/B00CMBHI14?src=email&cid=em_dd_077_101_na_s1_&ref_=pe_254660_29959780
  • edited May 2013
    I recently had head shots done by David Sobel.  I must say, he is an amazing photographer with an attention to detail and the dedication one would want in their wedding photographer.  He takes his job very seriously without having a serious personality. I loved almost all the shots he took of me, which is not an easy accomplishment ;)  Beautiful website: www.davidsobel.com in Los Angeles. 
  • lwrwtwlwrwtw member
    First Comment
    I feel very lucky to have found not only a new friend, but a great photographer in Pamela Reed Photography. I will post some pictures tomorrow, but have meaning to put up a positive review! Getting married, honeymoon, then moving kind of got in the way. Anyway, she took great pics, was there on time (early), was flexible and listened to what we wanted. I would highly recommend her! Lori Warner Steiner. - married in New Orleans, Armstrong Park, officiated by Joe Pitzer, who we absolutely loved! May 1, 2013
  • Weddings by Wolf

Great photogragher that does southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. He was so hands on on our wedding day. The pictures we have seen look great! He prepares them all in a flash drive. You keep all the pictures. He keeps a copy of the pictures in the event something happens to yours - your own personal insurance! He is also very affordable.

We couldn't be any happier. We found him through various recommendations here on this website.

www.weddingbywolf.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards