Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Venue Ideas Budget Friendly

Hi ladies, I am planning a MD/DC wedding from ATL, and am not too familar with the city. Any recommendations of parks or smaller venues that are more intimiate ? Thanks in advance.IT will be likely in baltimore and surrounding areas any suggestions further we are open to as well.

Re: Venue Ideas Budget Friendly

• Options
    Chase Court is the venue we selected.  It's got a shade garden with a goldfish pond, it's right in downtown Baltimore, and the building has gothic windows, a working fireplace, chandeliers, and beautiful hardwood flooring.  It seats maximum 120.  We've already booked March 29, 2014, but other winter dates are still available.  I suggest winter because it's half-price,

Good luck!

Ella
  • Options
    Your definition of a "smaller" venue may differ from some else's definition. Can you give us any more information? Guest count? Budget for venue and catering? Preference for indoor/outdoor, mood, waterfront, etc.?
  • Options
    We are looking for 80-100 guest, trying to get numbers even lower. lolLaughing
  • Options
    Umm a place I loved was Howard County Conservancy.  The Gudelsky Center at the Conservancy is like a rustic-modern location. And there are gardens outside.  The benefit here is that you can have an outside caterer and save some dough (I recommend KS Catering, good food and inexpensive).  http://www.hcconservancy.org/gudelsky-center-rental-facilities.html

I also Like ELkridge furnace Inn because of their really yummy food and historic touch.  

June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I had a friend get married at the Vandiver Inn, in Havre de Grace.. I also ended up booking them for my wedding this December.  It's a great little B&B, though the owners don't call themselves a traditional B&B.  Nearly everything is included--food, linens, chairs, tables, etc., and it's very reasonably priced.

http://www.vandiverinn.com
  • Options
    We looked at Cylburn Arboretum in Baltimore. Its a gorgeous venue with a small manison and a contemporary reception space in its information center. They do have an exclusive caterer list so we decided to use another venue though.

Also look up Padonia Park Club. They have a very nice space.
  • Options
    Vandiver Inn in Havre de Grace is a great venue, I live in town and I see weddings going on there constantly and everyone always looks like they are having a good time, i would give them a call!
  • Options
    minsu5minsu5 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    If I could have an outdoor wedding, I would book the park outside Bond Street Wharf, near Fells Point and Harbor East. It is on the harbor but not as crowded as the Inner Harbor (Pratt Street, Light Street area). I believe it is privately owned by the same development company as Bond Street Wharf.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• Options
    Swan Harbor Farm in havre de grace,md is fantabulous!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards