New Jersey
Options

Westmount Country Club

Hi ladies! I am newly engaged and today my fiancé and I booked the Continental Room at the Westmount for 12/5/14. I've been in love with the WCC since I went to a wedding in the grand ballroom a few years ago. That was the room I really wanted but budget just didn't permit it. I just wanted to see if anyone else has been to a wedding here in the Continental Room and if so how they liked it. We will have at least 200 guests and I am a little nervous of may be too small.

Any insight would be amazing to help with my nerves!

Thanks!!

Re: Westmount Country Club

• Options
    I was there once and thought it was lovely.  A different kind of room, but still lovely.  A different experience for me, though, as it was for a July wedding and there was a lot of light pouring through those big windows until about 8:00.  It was a lovely view but kept the room from having that clubby party feel.
  • Options
    I had 150 people there for my wedding in Feb.  You will have plenty of room to accommodate 200.  Since you are getting married in the winter you should have complete control over the lighting since it will already be dark out.  Enjoy - the WCC is awesome!!!
  • Options
    Ctrossello, in terms of the dance floor, did you feel it was large enough to accommodate your guests? Also, which florist did you use, I know you have to use one of theirs and we don't have a large floral budget so I was wondering how they were with pricing.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    I'm getting married in Sept in the Continental Room... Our guest list keeps going up so I have the same concerns. I'm using Matt from Atlas Floral- he was great working within my budget and providing suggestions to make the most of it! I would recommend meeting with him!
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks so much :) 
    I reached out to him and Pedestal but neither have responded to me yet :(
  • Options
    I just booked my wedding for the Continental Room as well (10/17/14)!!! Even though I LOVED the Grand Ballroom, how can you not, I have to say I still truly loved our room. I thought it was much more intimate and I really loved how it was just enough room for all of my guests, yet it's still a huge room. I loved the garden view from the cocktail room, and I absolutely loved the big windows in the reception room. It's beautiful and I'm sooo excited!! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    yay! Congrats Marymargaretxo! I LOVED the garden and windows too! Cannot wait to take pictures out there! 

You'll have to keep me updated on how things work out with the florist & don't forget to write how you enjoyed your day!
  • Options

laur6327 said:
    yay! Congrats Marymargaretxo! I LOVED the garden and windows too! Cannot wait to take pictures out there! 

You'll have to keep me updated on how things work out with the florist & don't forget to write how you enjoyed your day!
    I definitely will let you know how everything goes!! You have to keep me posted as well! I'm pretty sure I'm going to work with Matt from Atlas Floral but I have yet to reach out to him (I've been so busy, but so not an excuse lol!). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    I am also a Westmount bride (7/3/14), and we are getting married in the Continental Room. We just fell in love with it, I have heard only amazing things about the WCC. I met with Pedestal's florist and they were very nice and their work is great, although I am waiting to meet with Matt to see which is more cost effective. We'll have to post on this thread to keep everyone updated :)
  • Options
    CONGRATS nadler8!
    And yes lets keep each other posted on how we go through the process with flowers and the WCC experience! 

• Options
    Absolutely!!! Congrats again and best of luck with everything :) we'll keep in touch!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit Fall.weddings.com
  • Options
    CtrosselloCtrossello member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    Hi!  Sorry, I didn't your post until today!!  Not everyone will all be dancing at the same time, so I think it will be fine.  But yes, if all 200 guests try to get on the actual dance floor it may get tight - but so would most places.  I wouldn't worry about it.

I used Matt from Atlas.  I did meet with Pedestals and one other place.  Pedestals never contacted me back after our first meeting (and they said they would).  That immediately put me off.  Matt was willing to work within my budget - and he is located in the building which gave me somewhat less anxiety over having a winter wedding (my flowers didn't have far to go!).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards