Catholic Weddings
Options

Wedding plans? Vent/AW or whatever you want

Hello ladies,

Just wanted to kind of vent and also brag about wedding plans accomplished, and hear from the rest of you ladies who are in the midst of planning.

Part of this is a vent because I've been so tired and stressed lately.  I haven't been sleeping much, and I worry that I'm going to get sick or feel like crap next week for my wedding.  All these last minute things have been driving me crazy!  Besides fighting tons of traffic today, my big vent is with David's bridal.  I ordered dyed shoes from there, and called today to see if they were ready.  Some mysterious employee tells me yes, she has them, and they've been dyed.  I can come pick them up!  Yay!  Drive all the way over there, and the woman helping me spends forever in the back room, comes out, and tells me she doesn't know who I talked to, but my shoes aren't ready yet.  >:(

On the bright side, I got a lot accomplished today.  Picked up my dress from the alterations place (turned out perfect!).  Talked to and paid my DJ.  Found a florist who would do last minute bouts/corsages for me, ordered from her, and paid her.  Got my prayer cards in the mail today.  Got almost all of my MIA RSVPs settled.  Dropped off my order contract with my caterer.  

Now I can pretty much relax tonight, but I just need to make one more phone call and mail off one more check before I do.  

Still have toonnnss to do.  Biggest thing is making my program.  Need to get started on that.

*Ok... now I'm done.*  How's wedding planning for everyone else?  Any updates?  Extra points for pics!

SaveSave

Re: Wedding plans? Vent/AW or whatever you want

• Options
    That's so obnoxious about the shoes. I'm glad everything else seems to be going well, though. I'd give words of advice or comfort, but I don't really feel qualified. :)

FI and I have the big things down (church, reception venue, caterer, photographer), but now we have to start doing all the little things. Planning engagement pics (finally) and stationary, and going to Engagement Encounter are on the table for the next month. And tomorrow I am going wedding dress shopping! I wasn't going to start until July, but Macy's is having a huge sale, so I couldn't pass that up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Have fun at Engaged encounter!  I wish we could have done that, but by time we began marriage prep, it was too late to sign up for that.

We did E-pics super late.  We've been engaged over two years, but we just did our E-pics two months ago.  Mostly because my FI wanted to wait until he got his braces off to take them.  

Have fun wedding dress shopping!  Any idea what kind of dress you want yet?  Hope you find a good deal, and come back and post pics if you do!

SaveSave
  • Options
    I have ideas, but I have no idea what will work with my budget and size. I really like lace and vintage-y style. Probably an A-line or similar silhouette. I hope to find something, but I still have plenty of time if I don't!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good luck with your dress hunt, Cloeagh!  I went to the Wedding Shoppe on Grand a couple months ago to get a bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding later this summer and remember being so jealous of all the new styles being so much nicer than three years ago when I was looking...  lots and lots of lace and plenty with sleeves and straps!  I could never pull off strapless and that's pretty much 98% of what there was...
  • Options
    Thanks! I've heard so many good things about the Wedding Shoppe. If I don't find something tomorrow, it is on the top of my list of places to go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't done much wedding-related activity lately, other than cake tasting and booking our cake last weekend.  Most of the big stuff is done, so it's waiting until the time to address invitations comes (they'll go out toward the end of July).  Things that are done: dress, cake, DJ, invitations, rings, girls' dresses, tuxes, flowers, 1/2 the centerpieces.  Still to come: details, details, details...  FI and I are house hunting and I just got a promotion at work- trying to pack as much change into the next 5 months as possible!- so there's been a couple distractions!  Good luck dress shopping!
  • Options
    I found the dress! It was $1560 retail, I got it for $450. My mom cried, it was great. I was kinda disappointed because the style of dress I love did not look good on me, but this one was so amazing! We couldn't take pictures, which is too bad, because the picture on the website does not do it justice. I got it in ivory and I actually think I look better than the model.

http://www.brides.com/wedding-dresses-style/demetriosillusions-3144-213283
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Chloeagh - I thought that too about my dress! I totally looked better than the model! lol... in the stock photo you couldn't really see the train (how dumb! Isn't the train one of the things they like to advertise about a dress?!) and in pictures you could see the detailing in the dress, so yeah, overall I looked better!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    @Cloeagh - that dress is so much awesome!!!  You are obligated to post pictures as soon as you get the dress in :-)
  • Options
    Thanks, everyone! I definitely will post pictures! Not sure when I'm getting the dress, though. It's a sample dress, so I could pick it up whenever I want, but we're leaving it at the salon until I decide where I want to do alterations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Cloeagh, your dress is so pretty.  It's very feminine.  I know how you feel about them not having the dress you thought you would love.  My salon didn't.  The 4th or 5th dress I had ever tried on, and I was at the moment of I'm done, since every dress I came out in my mom loved but they just weren't me, one was crazy sparkly and glitter, yep not happening.  The salon assistant had pulled one dress, but then took it out thinking it would be too puffy for me, but I happened to see it when I walked out in the last dress and figured why not take a chance, last dress I'll try on today.  It was it, it was my dress and I fell in love, of course I didn't know until I kept trying to make other dresses be like it, so good for you on realizing you found your dress when you did.  It really is quite beautiful.

FI and I are doing pretty good on the wedding planning.  Finished up the ceremony stuff, music, readings etc., just need to ask the last two readers and then all set there.  Made my last dress payment last week, so that's all done and my mom is working on making my veil, so it will be all ready for my final fitting in July.  All we have left that I can think of is stationary stuff, addressing the invitations, creating the menu cards and the programs.  Oh and continuing to workout, oh joy that is.

I keep triple checking stuff, since I feel like there is stuff we are supposed to be doing but I have no idea what it is.
  • Options
    I just hired a day of coordinator a couple of weeks ago, and I feel so much more relieved. However I did have a freak out Thursday because I picked up my dress from the final fitting and realized that I can't breath AT ALL in it. Its not that it doesn't fit, it fits perfectly, but it has a corset. My only hope is that I can wear it without my bra so I can have at least half an inch of breathing room. So now, instead of relaxing tomorrow for memorial day, I have to drive to the outlets in order to find a dancing dress :-p
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats on accomplishing so much monkey!

We are still pretty far out bit we just booked our wedding venue.  I am really excited.  I love the place.  Nothing else has been done or discussed yet. I think our next project is going to be a photographer.

Anniversary

• Options
    i agreeed to get married in fi church i am armenian christian orthodox hes catholic.. his church is saying 1 latest they can do ceremony.... our reception venue is 7pm they have confessionals at 3 i think thats why they have a cut off time i have been to catholic weddings were cut off time was 2. im streseed because that leaves our guests with a huge huge gap between reception and venue.. my church has no cut off times on saturdays as we dont have any services... 
    even if his church budge for at least a half hour later i would be fine i am having my priest there so maybe extending the services for a little longer
  • Options
    i agreeed to get married in fi church i am armenian christian orthodox hes catholic.. his church is saying 1 latest they can do ceremony.... our reception venue is 7pm they have confessionals at 3 i think thats why they have a cut off time i have been to catholic weddings were cut off time was 2. im streseed because that leaves our guests with a huge huge gap between reception and venue.. my church has no cut off times on saturdays as we dont have any services... 
    even if his church budge for at least a half hour later i would be fine i am having my priest there so maybe extending the services for a little longer
    Are you having your reception at a hotel?  Or did you reserve a block of rooms at a hotel?  You might check with them to see if they can open the bar or something so that your guests have a place to gather after the reception.  We had some friends who had about an hour and a half between ceremony and reception, but everyone who was a guest of the hotel where the reception was had been given a coupon for a free drink from the bar, so nearly everyone headed over there to wait.

Have you checked with your reception venue to see if you can move your time up?  They're not booking any other events on that day (I know some places won't budge on this for staffing reasons, but it's worth a look).
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards