Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Airbrush Power?

Hi Everyone!

For my wedding makeup, I am getting it proffessionally done, and airbrushed.  My makeup needs to be completed by 1 so that I can start my pictures, but my wedding is not until 4:30.  I am afraid that the makeup will begin to wear off by then, so I'm asking how to prolong the airbrush longevity.  I know that Sephora and Ulta sell a spray to put on after your makeup is done, and I asked my artist if she would use this, which she said "no".

Should I go and buy the spray myself and  use it after she leaves?  Or do you think the makeup will be fine without it?  Or, does the spray not work on airbrush?

Thanks so much!!

Re: Airbrush Power?

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

There is no need to buy any extra sprays for your airbrushing. The whole point of getting airbrushed, is that it stays perfectly. As long as the MU artist knows what she is doing, you should be fine. I would strongly suggest a trail.

I had my MU done on my wedding day around noon for a 4:30 ceremony. When I made it back to my hotel room at 2am my makeup still looked fresh.

FWIW, I have only heard of using sprays on everyday makeup.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you KatWAG!!  I don't think that I will use it.  I read online that it stays all day, but it is much more comforting to know that real people have had success with it!  Thank you!
  • I got my makeup done at noon and my wedding didn't start until 4:30pm.  It was still perfect by the time the wedding started.  By 2am that night it was still perfect and when I woke up the next morning, still looking good.  And my wedding was in July in hot 85 degree weather with a 70% humidity level.

If your MUA is well versed in airbrush your makeup should stay on and looking great all night long.

• Did you guys really like airbrushed?  I had it done for a f riend's wedding and felt like I was wearing a mask.  Does it dry out the skin? 
  • @dsouzap - I had airbrush for my engagement pictures, my trial, and my wedding and it felt like I wasn't even wearing makeup all 3 times. My skin didn't look or feel dry at all. 

• @dsozap - same as @rdr716.  I loved my airbrush makeup.  I don't tend to wear a lot of makeup so the fact that it felt like I wasn't wearing any was great.  And the fact that it stayed pretty much perfect all day and night was just icing on the cake.  I would say that if the airbrush makeup feels like a mask then the MUA is doing it wrong.  The point of airbrush is that it is supposed to go on light and not leave you with that "I am wearing a freaking makeup mask!" feeling.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards