May 2014 Weddings

XP....Memorial day weekend weddings?

Hi all,

Just curious. Our wedding is during next memorial day weekend...May 24th. (Sat) A few days ago we went to a bridal expo where we talked to a tux rep from a local store. He told us that normally you'd order tuxes 2 months before the wedding but because its memorial day weekend AND May is graduation month, that we should order 3-4 months before!! That seems crazy to me but what do I know! Has anyone experienced the same? btw...what the heck does memorial day have to do with tux rentals??? :/

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif

Re: XP....Memorial day weekend weddings?

• Hi! We are getting married May 25th. Our tux shop suggested the guys come in by January to get fitted because of holiday, graduations and prom season. It is also the start of wedding season here in MD. The reason given was there is a shortage on styles so its first come first served. As far as Memorial Day, places here have formal events during that time. So everyone is trying to get tuxes. Good Luck and congrats.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LAM524LAM524 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    @Son to be Mrs Jay....January! Wow! I am know thinking we need to decide exactly where we will get Tux's from and ask them when we should order! Thanks! Congrats to you!!

tinkerbell gif photo: Tinkerbell stuck in keyhole animated gif Peterpan2_coince9e.gif
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards