Michigan-Detroit

Cakes & shoes...ideas?

So I'm struggling...

I need bakery suggestions in the northern Oakland county area.

Also where are you ladies getting your shoes? Our colors are navy & green and I would really love to wear navy colored shoes and I'm struggling to find a place that either has them or will dye them...ideas?

Thanks!

Re: Cakes & shoes...ideas?

• I bought mine at DSW. I also had better luck online than what was in the store. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What is your budget for your cake? I used Holiday Market's bakery in Royal Oak. I wasn't fussy about how the cake looked, just wanted it to be delicious. I think it was around $180 for a 2 layer cake that fed 100 (we had a lot left). It was yellow cake with Passion Fruit mousse and butter cream frosting. Delicious!

I purchased my shoes from amazon.com, but they were simple white mules.

• Meegles4Meegles4 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2013
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks ladies! I'll try amazon I haven't found "the shoe" yet.

I'll definitely check out holiday market. I only want to spend about $150-200 on the cake as we're going to have other cakes/desserts there as well...doing a whole big sweets table. Our cake will definitely be more for pictures than anything else. I think I just panic when I hear other brides talk about spending much more on the cake I worry if I can find anything in my budget. I also will have to heck if holiday delivers to Oxford...oh the fun of a "country" location
  • I'm ordering from Holiday Market too.  It's the only cake my FI likes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards