New Jersey
Options

Make sure you know where your "professionals" are coming from

Was looking at Craigslist today looking at wedding related stuff and this post caught my eye so I clicked.

Photographer needs Videographer for Wedding

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/evg/3820360783.html

If I hired a studio to do my photo and video and found out the photographer hires inexperienced people who "need to make money"  when I paid for a professional, I would flip out! 

Re: Make sure you know where your "professionals" are coming from

• Options
    Yikes! I bet this is what you end up with when you book the too good to be true deal of $3000 for a photographer + videographer.
  • Options
    I think this is probably very common for photography, video, and DJ. And you're right; you should know who these people are.  Ask who they will be.  Ask where they came from.  Ask if they've done work with this company before and if you can see that work.
  • Options
    I have no problem with studios hiring other professionals, but I cannot imagine why any studio would risk their reputation on an inexperienced student who needs money. And if I am paying for a professional wedding video, I don't expect  a student off of craigslist that has never done this to show up. Wish I knew what studio that was so I don't accidentally book them.
  • Options
    This is quite scary! When you choose a photographer and videographer, it is important to see the work of that actual person and have a contract that states that you will work with them - and no one else.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Thanks for the advice
  • Options
    I feel like replying to the ad to know what company it is.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards