Wedding Woes

You know what I want to know?

Why weren't the lurkers as chatty before all of the changes?

Just wondering.

Re: You know what I want to know?

• I'm wondering that too.  And holy WOW at all of the real wedding posts, seriously. 
  • no kidding, yo.

where has ahstillwell been? i mean, she's kind of been my hero ever since the bus hijackings incident --
    http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/364492/is-this-really-what-the-world-is-coming-to

• @lurkers -- are there any questions you might have for us?
  • Maybe the fact that its a bit more mobile version friendly and functional probably helps some
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Ahstillwell is done there in the mashed potatoes bar, yes?

HEY @AHSTILLWELL, IMMA NEED AN INVITE TO YOUR WEDDING.  I'LL BRING CASH MONIES ENOUGH TO COVER WHAT I'M GOING TO EAT AT THE MASHED POTATOES BAR!!!!!!!!111ELEVENTY!!!

• @DHARMABUNNY NOBODY ASKED YOU ABOUT THE SCIENCING.
  • @AHSTILLWELL I DON'T NEED AN INVITE; I JUST NEED THE DATE, TIME AND LOCATION.  I'MMA BRING SOME FRIENDS, OKAY? WE CAN BYOB. HOPE IT'S OKAY IF WE'RE THE ONES IN THE BACK DRINKING ADULT CHOCOLATE MILK. IT'S OKAY -- GINUWINE SAYS SO.

other lurkers: please post your wedding menus here.
  • I'm probably what you guys consider a lurker. But I try not to start stupid threads. I think people read the description of this board and assume they can complain about their MOHs, FMILs to a sympathetic audience. That's not to say that their rants are usually rational, it just seems (on the surface) like a logical place to rant.

Fortunately, lurking has allowed me to see that some rants are just not welcome. And that's fine because I laugh at most of them.

Am I still welcome around these parts?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What rants aren't welcome? Just curious.

• JM, this has nothing to do with you personally, but I cannot look at her name w/out thinking of Meeghan or whatever his name was.

• PMeg819 said:
    What rants aren't welcome? Just curious.

Here's a good, recent example:

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/980214/fh-father-is-legit-the-biggest-pos-i-have-ever-met-in-my-life#latest

What I wanna know is, why get so belligerent when you get called out for what you post? If you start a thread seeking advice and get criticized, why get all pissy when the answers don't make you feel warm and fuzzy? I'm totally OK with the fact that people are honest on here. I haven't had over-the-top drama in my wedding planning (yet) but if I ever have any and post a thread about it, I'm well aware that I'll get picked on a little. But people on here aren't bullies. They're just honest.

Besides, despite the name of this board, most posts on here are NWR.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • VarunaTT said:
    JM, this has nothing to do with you personally, but I cannot look at her name w/out thinking of Meeghan or whatever his name was.
    Who?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, the regs will know.  The board was accused of being internet bullies by a man who posed for a library calendar. Someone found the calendar, posted it here and we were making fun of the calendar b/c it was awkward, he found us doing it and flew off the handle.

Oh wait!  Meeglet!  I had the name wrong.

• do not -- i srsly cannot stress this enough -- rant about how hard it is to be a nanny.
  • hmonkey said:
    do not -- i srsly cannot stress this enough -- rant about how hard it is to be a nanny.

And how bad the parking is.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    huh.  meeglet still exists

• Still pretentious.
  • Shit, they took away my handy sidebar, so I lost track of my regular boards. Then I like... went on vacation for a week. It was pretty awesome.

I wish they'd put back the sidebar because I can't be trusted to remember things on my own. I need them laid out for me.

• VarunaTT said:

Oh, the regs will know.  The board was accused of being internet bullies by a man who posed for a library calendar. Someone found the calendar, posted it here and we were making fun of the calendar b/c it was awkward, he found us doing it and flew off the handle.

Oh wait!  Meeglet!  I had the name wrong.

A library calendar?!?! That's hilariously awful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• A library calendar?!?! That's hilariously awful.
    You have no idea.
  • It was charity and for a good cause, it was just poorly executed.  They were professional librarians, who were cute, but they were trying to be model sexy.  Models can be model sexy in photos.  Normal people usually can't. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I didn't even notice the sidebars were gone.  I like the new people.
  • VarunaTT said:
    It was charity and for a good cause, it was just poorly executed.  They were professional librarians, who were cute, but they were trying to be model sexy.  Models can be model sexy in photos.  Normal people usually can't. 
    Way to kill my dreams.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WELCOME TO WW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111ELEVENTY!!!11
  • GBCKGBCK member
    VarunaTT said:
    It was charity and for a good cause, it was just poorly executed.  They were professional librarians, who were cute, but they were trying to be model sexy.  Models can be model sexy in photos.  Normal people usually can't. 
    Way to kill my dreams.
    It also has to do w/ ability to laugh at ones-self.
    I mean, the 'calendar girls' where normal people pretend to be sexy models works as long as there's a healthy degree of "hey, I look OK, but I"m not a real model." ability to laugh at ones's self and one's ridiculousness

the librarians had to much of a stick up their assess to laugh at himself.
  • 4 shizz.  did they learn nothing from the movie "calendar girls" aka "red hat society gone wild"?
  • GBCK said:
    VarunaTT said:
    Way to kill my dreams.
    It also has to do w/ ability to laugh at ones-self.
    I mean, the 'calendar girls' where normal people pretend to be sexy models works as long as there's a healthy degree of "hey, I look OK, but I"m not a real model." ability to laugh at ones's self and one's ridiculousness

the librarians had to much of a stick up their assess to laugh at himself.
    Exactly. I'd say he missed the whole point of posing for it. I'm not sure I'd do something like that, not even for laughs, but I've definitely learned over the years not to take myself so seriously.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This guy still makes me angry. You put a picture of yourself half naked in a shower on the interwebz and someone out there is going to make fun of you.  Even Beyoncé gets called ugly on the internet.  And no one even called him ugly.  I think the offending term was "hipster douchebag."

"I am an internet bully victim!  Candlelight vigil in my shower tonight!"

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Meeglet is still my best story opener ever. You just can't beat "So I once got in an internet fight with a librarian" at a cocktail party, yo. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards