Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Invited to GNO, not invited to wedding

Hi all....this is my second time around, at 36, and I wanted the feel of a big, fun bachelorette party that I did not get with my first wedding. Problem is....can you have a fun girls' night out with people who are not invited to the wedding? We are only having 80 guests....mostly family, because this is what we can afford (when you get married the second time, you have to foot the bill yourself). My MOH has a sister and friends whom I enjoy hanging out with, but who are not really my close personal friends, so I am not inviting them to the wedding. These people have invited me to their GNOs and cookouts, because of the MOH, but I would not expect an invite to their wedding either. Is it possible to explain that I would love to have these people at my bachelorette/GNO, but that the wedding guest list is small? One caveat....I have NO expectations of receiving gifts at my GNO, and I am expecting that all of us (myself included) would pay for our own food and drinks. 

Re: Invited to GNO, not invited to wedding

• Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

Sure you can have a GNO, but you really shouldn't wear the bachelorette gear or say it's your bachelorette party.

Just have a get together out at the bars with your friends, but make no mention of it relating to your wedding.

• Options
    You can have a GNO, but it should be non-wedding related.  It would be really hurtful to people invited to something designated a pre-wedding party like a bachelorette party to attend only to find out that they're not invited to the wedding.
  • Options
    OK.....then we will just call it a GNO. I mean, these are cool people and I would love to invite them....I am just constrained by budget (yet I know you can't just bring your budget up in casual conversation either).

• Options
    My matron of honor and I talked, and we decided to do a GNO well after the wedding (say August) and not call it a bachelorette at all. I really do not need to be the center of attention.....I just want to have a fun night out with girls.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards