Getting in Shape
Options

Insanity!

So I started insanity tonight and its name is fitting. I like to think I'm in fairy good shape... I run a few times a week and typically lift even though I've been slacking lately.

I was exhausted by the time I was done with the fit test. I'm really excited about this program. I have an hour commute to work one way right now so it's really hard for me stay motivated to get to the gym after work. All I can think about it all the stuff that doesn't get done at home if i go to the gym. I love that I can do this at home and be done, shower and still have time at night for myself.

Has anyone else done insanity and what are your thoughts on it ?

Re: Insanity!

• Options
    I tried it - borrowed it from my sister's BF - but I didn't like it. It was too jumpy for me. I like routines that flow. Sister's bf lost like 30 lbs with it though, so I hear that it does work well! I hear you on motivation and the gym. I had a membership with my mom (she got one for the whole family) but it's so far away, that I just stopped using it. Now I do at home DVDs.
  • Options
    Congrats on finding something you like. I can't work out at home, so I am in awe of people who can. I always find other things to do at home, so a gym focuses me. Therefore I have not done insanity, but several people on here do it.
  • Options
    My H does it but not daily like you're supposed to. He does a DVD 2 or 3 times per week and has lost weight and inches. I do it with him and enjoy it. Keep it up if you like it! It's really hard but it'll tone you up.
  • Options
    I've seen friends' results--fantastic!  You have to stick with it though.  I have P90X DVDs, but I don't do them.  I pick one to do here or there.  :(
  • Options
    I actually really like Insanity, it's very difficult to start with and keep up with (especially when your muscles are screaming the next day), but I think the program is engaging and the time goes by pretty quickly.

It's been several months since the last time I worked out with it, but I'm actually planning to start it again today after work.  
    Anniversary
  • Options

I started the DVDs last Wed. but just did the fit test a couple of times. I wanted to stick with the schedule. So I started the actual schedule this past Monday. It's definately hard and makes me feel out of shape. lol

It is hard to keep up with, I definately I have to pause the DVDs in between and rest for more than 30 seconds. I'm not necessarily looking to lose weight but more to tone up and slim down or get lean I guess. I'm hoping it gives me the results I want.

• Options
    I have been thinking about giving it a shot, but I live on the second floor of an apartment complex and I'm scared I will freak my first floor neighbors out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just completed Day 5 of Insanity! My fiance's brother randomly gave us the DVD set and we started it this week. We have 85 days until the wedding and although we've been going to the gym (him more than I) I haven't been losing any weight. I think with the strength/cardio stuff I've been doing 4-5 times a week, I've just gained muscle. Hopefully this will be the workout needed to actually lose some inches in the home stretch!

Not gonna lie... my body is hurting. But, the workouts do go fast and even though I rest here and there, I try to keep up. The biggest challenge is just turning on the DVD :) We live on the 4th floor of an apartment so we go in the little club house gym on the jumpy days. But the recovery days can be done in our apartment since there's not really any jumping at all.

Just really hoping I keep the motivation to continue this! Good luck to you!

Gia Nicole
  • Options
    My FI been doing I'm so afraid I am going to get hurt. I'm afraid of trying it because with me it's ALL or nothing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards