Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

How early does the Pittsburgh Opera book up?

We're just beginning to plan, with a fairly long engagement, and I was curious if anyone knows.

Re: How early does the Pittsburgh Opera book up?

• I'm not sure, but I think that if you have a date in mind, you should probably contact them as soon as possible. Most places in PIttsburgh book at least a year in advance.
  • I went and looked last May and he said he had people all ready lining him up for Nov of 2015. 
  • jnissajnissa member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    They book quickly because they're such a nice and affordable venue. Most people trying to keep cost down while having an urban venue want them. I'd book them quickly if you're interested.
  • I literally just left the Opera 20 minutes ago so I have the exact scoop.  Email Sean Holsing their event guy - he is great but can take a few days to get back to you.  Right now they are just starting to open up the wait list for Sept - Nov 2014.  They cannot book up that far in advance, because they plan their (the Opera's) events first.  Therefore Sean creates a wait list for the month that you are looking and lets you know abou 14 months in advance. 

We were second in line for Sept 2014, but he told us we still might not get in due to their performances, and we wouldn't know until mid June.  We asked him about a Friday wedding and we got in for May 23, 2014. 

It was crazy picking a date and waiting, but I love the space so it was worth it. 

Good luck!

• bertyberty member
    First Anniversary First Comment

Did anyone else notice they raised the prices at the opera house?

When I first started looking last year it was $1400

I emailed Sean in march and he said it was $2000

I just looked at their website and now it says $2700??

• bkress426 said:

Did anyone else notice they raised the prices at the opera house?

When I first started looking last year it was $1400

I emailed Sean in march and he said it was $2000

I just looked at their website and now it says $2700??

...another reason to book as early as possible! The more popular places become the higher their prices will go.
  • bertyberty member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Yea. That sucks because IMO it's no longer an affordable byob venue if you have to pay that much just to rent it out.

Also it didn't really sound like it mattered how early you booked necessarily. He told me just that the price will be active 06/01/2014.
  • I'm having my wedding at the Opera June 21, 2014 and we were also put on a wait list pending an opera festival that was supposed to happen. Thankfully (for us) it fell through and we were able to get the date we wanted. We booked back in November.

Something to keep in mind with the price (unless they're changing that as well, but when we booked this was the case) the rental fee includes all of the tables and chairs they have on site, the use of 2 pianos, the stage if you want it set up, 2 bars, and they'll also help style the lighting in the room with the theater lights.

It's a great space, but I agree with all the previous posts that if you want it you should def. book early!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards