Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Tattoos and Weddings...what to do

Hello ladies.

I have this beautiful memorial tattoo on my right shoulder, its a simple flower with greek words around it. I am getting this retouched before the wedding (i got it when i was 16 and it has faded). When I get this done, I am thinking about getting a new tattoo done, same style with more greek wording around it but I am unsure if this is a good idea...any opinions?

Its going to be (if I get it) a setting sun over the ocean (i was born and raised in south florida and it has always been one of my favorite sights) with the words "my only sunshine" translated to greek.

Thanks a ton to anyone who has an opinion :)

Re: Tattoos and Weddings...what to do

• These sound lovely, but I'm not sure how it relates to your wedding?  Are you deciding whether to get the second tattoo at all, or are you deciding whether to get it before or after your wedding?
  • Make sure you leave three weeks between any touch-ups or new tattoos and the wedding for it to heal up.

I think a tattoo that honors your single identity is a lovely way to commemorate the parts of you that you're leaving behind, and the parts of your identity that you will bring with you into your married identity.
    "I wish yo azz all tha dopest up in yo' marriages"
  • I am not sure what you want opinions on.  But I think it sounds like a very meaningful tattoo.  If you are wondering if you should do it that is completely up to you.  If you are wondering if you should cover it for the wedding I say "Rock that sucker!" :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards