New York

Ceremony booked

just booked our ceremony at The Stanley theater today!! Soooo excited!!
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony booked

• sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!  Where is that?
    Anniversary
  • mgietler76mgietler76 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Doesn't it feel awesome to have a big thing checked off your list? LOL
  • edited December 2011
    You are right, it does! Now just the little things are left.....Aaaahhhhhh (that's a sigh of relief, not a scream lol).

The Stanley is on Genesee St in Utica, NY. It's a theater that opened in 1928 and showed silent movies and stuff but the inside is gorgeous.
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds really cool!!!  Do you have any pictrues?

Congrats on the big check!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP-That's an awesome venue! I was just there tonight for a concert. My FI & I looked at having our wedding there. It's fantastic for pictures too.

For those of you that want pictures of the Stanley, here is the link:
    http://www.cnyarts.com/.

Click on Weddings/special events, it will show you what it looks like on the inside!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! It is a great space for sure. DH and I were in search for something along those lines and we had it narrowed down to landmark theater (syracuse's version of the stanley) and the hotel syracuse. 

You should have some great pictures!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! i'm really excited!!! I do have pictures I will post some on here because I don't think there are many on the website. If there are I can't find them lol. Well here are two from the main lobby where we will be. They take down the banners to haha. Rsfan23 you must have been there just hours after us yesterday!

• edited December 2011
    Wow!!!  That's really beautiful!!  Congrats!
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to Re: Ceremony booked:
    [QUOTE. Rsfan23 you must have been there just hours after us yesterday!
    Posted by Catrina'nMatt[/QUOTE]
    Yeah-I was there for the Utica Symphony concert at 8 last night. If we had it in the budget, I'd get my wedding pictures there because it's so beautiful.
  • sbolger17sbolger17 member
    edited December 2011
    That is an awesome place for your ceremony!  So pretty and such a cool idea!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I've been racking my brain thinking of somewhere around this area to have a ceremony that wasn't in a church and a relative mentioned this place. I didn't even know they did weddings and it's very resonable! :):)
  • Happily9Happily9 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ceremony-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:621Discussion:77c966ba-bd7f-44c5-9b12-b8fa9aacdea5Post:da4b41a3-cc4e-44ac-babb-8362abd3a5d2">Re: Ceremony booked</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ceremony booked : [QUOTE. Rsfan23 you must have been there just hours after us yesterday! Posted by Catrina'nMatt[/QUOTE] Yeah-I was there for the Utica Symphony concert at 8 last night. If we had it in the budget, I'd get my wedding pictures there because it's so beautiful.
    Posted by rsfan23[/QUOTE]

Do you know how much they charge to take pictures there?  They are booked for my date, but I was just curious as to how much they charge.  We will be using the Saranac Brewery instead :(
  • rsfan23rsfan23 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_ceremony-booked?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:77c966ba-bd7f-44c5-9b12-b8fa9aacdea5Post:60208e08-e001-4103-a129-cbf398988757">Re: Ceremony booked</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ceremony booked : Yeah-I was there for the Utica Symphony concert at 8 last night. If we had it in the budget, I'd get my wedding pictures there because it's so beautiful. Posted by rsfan23[/QUOTE] Do you know how much they charge to take pictures there?  They are booked for my date, but I was just curious as to how much they charge.  We will be using the Saranac Brewery instead :(
    Posted by ktobin0519[/QUOTE]
    Here is the website.  It's $125 per hour.
    <a href="http://www.cnyarts.com/about/your_special_event/photos.php" rel='nofollow'>http://www.cnyarts.com/about/your_special_event/photos.php</a>
  • edited December 2011
    ktobin you CAN use the brewery for photos?????? Why the crap didn't I think of that! How much do they charge?
    edited December 2011

Yes the Brewery is available for pictures.  They only charged us $100, but that's because my brewery loving FI insisted on having our RD there.  Normally I think it's like $250, but the lady there is really nice and maybe she will give you a deal if you ask! :)

edited December 2011
    And thank you RSFAN23 for the information!  I wish they were available my weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards